Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found an image in THIS thread, but I can't really read it clearly.

Also looked into acquiring a pdf copy of the service manual, but it's on back-order :(

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I've never felt like I needed glasses before, but trying to view that image is making feel like I need to visit the optometrist.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I just GOT new glasses on Dec 21st, and I can't read it with any sucess.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK, I stitched them all together but for whatever reason the upper RH section doesn't want to align with the neighboring sections exactly right, but it's close enough.... AND much easier to read. Thanks again Doug!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone have a legend for the diagram? Need to find a switched power for my Denali D2's
JCIII

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thx DNFDoug, I'll look for it after dinner. Don't by chance know the color do you?
JCIII

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409349281.652642.jpg

Which one?
JCIII

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Which connector? ...It's the light gray one pointing downward, with the dummy cap/end on it.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
What Lucky said. One wire is black or dark, negative/ground. The brown wire is the positive that is hot when the key is on.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Just remember guys, that plug circuit is only fused at 2 amps.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Within reason a larger fuse could be put in, right? How high would you go? Not that I expect to need it, I only plan on hooking up a small GPS to it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Within reason a larger fuse could be put in, right? How high would you go? Not that I expect to need it, I only plan on hooking up a small GPS to it.
It's a pretty small gauge wire so I wouldn't advise upping the fuse. If you're blowing the 2 amp you could take the gamble for a 3 amp fuse. Anything more, you're better off doing a direct wire to the battery and hooking up a relay attached to that 2amp connector.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Or you can by the cap and wire in a USB or SAE to USB cable from there. Pashnit or 3BRMotorsports have the cables. Another thread has the links for "AUX connector" links. I just used it to tie into my Fuzeblock for the signal for the switched link. No real power draw. Just like a car stereo blue line to indicate a switched circuit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts