Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the stock bolt, and when I attempted to install the slider bolt, it went in really hard- too hard. So I stopped. I then attempted to reinstall the factory bolt and it did the same thing (tight). Looking through the bolt hole I see that the motor seems to not be lined up with the frame hole. Any ideas or recommendations. I am really afraid or cross threading... Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Put a jack under the oil pan and raise the motor so the holes align. Have a piece of wood between the jack and oil pan so you don't punch through the pan.

Reactions: Camp49

·
Registered
520 Posts
^ya.. 1 bolt at a time man, install one, switch sides, install another, switch back to other side of bike...etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the weird part: I would of thought the engine hole would be lower due to gravity. It is actually high and to the left, in the say the 10 o'clock position. How realistic are the possibilities of messing up those threads or am I being a baby? Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
208 Posts
No problems installing mine. +1 on doing the bolts one at a time so that 3 of them are still holding the engine up and it doesn't mess up alignment with the frame. The only issue I had was the front 2 sliders were wrongly labeled in the packaging.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the motor didn't drop- I did try only one at a time. I must have started to cross thread the first bolt. The other side went in fine... I'm hoping a tap can clean it up. Thanks All.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No problems installing the whole OES kit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
How does everyone like these sliders? Does anyone have pics of there whole kit installed ? I can't decided between the oes or t-rex kit ... Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
No pics but I have the complete set and like them a lot. There's two engine pucks on each side vs one for most other sliders, so I feel the bike is more protected in a tip-over. Quality seems fine and install was easy.

·
Registered
852 Posts
There are pics somewhere on this site of someone's off. I don't care what they look like. They work! Real world proven is good enough for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts