Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the guys in my family go up every year. Ill be honest its become a bit boring over the last few years with everything dying off but it's always a game to figure out which bike to ride up but I know for sure which one Im taking this year! Does anyone else around here go? Its going to be interesting to see how many FZs make it up there seeing as how popular they have become!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I went there 2 years ago with my FZ6R. I have family and friends from Montreal that have been going there for years... I was the 3rd generarion of Marthy to set foot in Laconia for bike week.

Its a long haul for me. Not saying no... but I might do the BRP area instead this year. I planned going last year but my wife got sick. Not much better now but I should be able to take a long weekend off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Im in the same boat. Third generation og family going. My grandfather passed away this year but it would have been his 56th year going I believe. Ive been to Daytona a handful of times. Ive never been to Sturgis and Im dying to go but thats a hike for me. Would be a great ride but Id have to take close to two weeks off. So we'll see.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
My wife's sister doesn't live too far from there. Would be a 5hr trip to so for me up from NJ. Was thinking that or bike week in Ocean city MD, but heard that gets a bit too out of control.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Ive never even heard of the one in Ocean City honestly. But Laconia is pretty normal. I mean there are the normal bars and drunks here and there but Ive never run into any problems.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Only out of control if you camp at the track, and don't like anarchy. Haven't been in a while now though. You can rent a condo at Weirs Beach and have a mellower time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually rent a hotel room in Concord. I enjoy the ride to the beach. As for the track, the races there are kind of lame lately. The flat track was my favorite and they got rid of it. I dont usually go up the whole week so I miss the hill climb but its been pussified anyway. Went to it a couple of years ago and not one person didnt make it up on their "new" hill. I just go up for friday and saturday. Go ride around, walk the beach. Go for a ride in the mountains or something. Like I said, its kind of died out lately.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I stayed at Pemis cabine in Lincoln. My room was pretty sweet to be honest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to stay at a hidden hotel called Lake Shore Farm. The owner lost it due to several reasons 2 years ago. Some new people re opened it this year and sent us an invite to stay there again this year. Ive been talking to my father about it, we're not sure what were going to do but it was (and I imagine still is) a gorgeous like 30 room hotel on about 150 acres of land.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow, I was thinking about going up to check it out but you guys make it sound pretty lame! I was thinking of driving up and trailering my street and trail bike and do a bit of both, NH has a trail riding system. Or I could enter in the hill climb if everyone makes it up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts