Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried getting it done when the fix came out last year, the dealer could not figure out how to do the flash after having my bike for 2 days.

My warranty expired in December and I did not get the extended care.

Has anyone got the factor flash out of warranty - was it free?

Wondering if it/s worth it to pursue when it gets warm here again before getting a throttle tamer or other ECU flash.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If I remember right I thought they told me 15 or 18 months from the date of purchase.
But don't quote me on this because that back in October when I inquired about it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you have paperwork showing you requested it under warranty and they failed to provide the service, they have to do it now. Under warranty....

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Is a TSB even affected by the 12 month warranty? I know recalls are not, but not sure about a TSB. I'm in the same situation--my 12 month warranty has expired, and I'm still battling with the Hawaii importer just to have the flash even available for my dealer to do it, which as of yet, they still haven't been given the go ahead by the importer-or the program-to do the flash...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I read somewhere the reflash would be available until 9/15.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are 2 yammi dealers in my area - i'll likely try the other one this time to get the flash so not sure if the attempt for them to fix it previously will show. I'm going to call and see what the deal is - still a good month or so before the bike will hit the streets here but I was just curious if anyone was out of warranty and got the fix for frizzle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was about two months passed the end of my warranty period and they did it for me no problem. A caveat about that though, I took it in for its 8000 mile service at the same time so they may have just been good guys and did me a favor.

·
Registered
730 Posts
See my prev post. By law, if you have proof of complaining under warranty, they have to make it right......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts