Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Looking for a good reason for not deleting my chain guide. Have owned the MT09 for 6 months now. Installed the rear fender eliminator kit within seconds of getting it home a few months ago. The chain guide seems so lonely now. My question really is, does anyone know where the wire harness that currently runs through the chain guide (originally for the OEM rear fender tail light), where that terminates back inside the bike? Wondering how much surgery would be required to remove that wiring.

Under the seat??

Thanks for any insight if anyone has taken this on...

-GB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm a little confused. There is a wire harness running through your chain guide? I thought the tail light was part of the tail still and not the fenders (even on the newer FZs/MTs)...

Or are you talking along the swingarm? If so are you sure that wire to the rear wheel in the pic is for the stock tail light? I'd guess traction control or something of the sort. Something you can't just lop off.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
look under the seat, right side just forward of the seat lock bracket...you should have two bullet connectors under the turn signal connectors, that would be the license plate light connection. disconnect the bullet connectors and you're done...all this if Yamaha hasn't changed that part of the setup on the '17+ models from the first gen 09's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
look under the seat, right side just forward of the seat lock bracket...you should have two bullet connectors under the turn signal connectors, that would be the license plate light connection. disconnect the bullet connectors and you're done...all this if Yamaha hasn't changed that part of the setup on the '17+ models from the first gen 09's.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. Greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a little confused. There is a wire harness running through your chain guide? I thought the tail light was part of the tail still and not the fenders (even on the newer FZs/MTs)...

Or are you talking along the swingarm? If so are you sure that wire to the rear wheel in the pic is for the stock tail light? I'd guess traction control or something of the sort. Something you can't just lop off.
My bad on the description, sorry. Yes aong the swingarm, the wiring that runs within the guide, for the lic. plate. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts