Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
"Head to the Yamaha FZ-09 display area" Sounds like it is related to the 09 at least.

I think new in the States would count as a new bike unveiling in Texas. ;)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Would Yamaha choose Texas for the world unveiling of a FJ-09? Where ever a FJ-09 was unveiled wouldn't there be at least solid rumors of it first?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
A bit. ;) But also really asking. I don't follow the MC industry close enough to know where Yamaha or the other companies are most likely to have an unveiling, or what is/isn't likely to be known/rumored about a new bike before the unveiling.

Edit: I'd be surprised if a sheet was whipped off a FJ-09 in Indiana too lol.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
A bit. ;) But also really asking. I don't follow the MC industry close enough to know where Yamaha or the other companies are most likely to have an unveiling, or what is/isn't likely to be known/rumored about a new bike before the unveiling.

Edit: I'd be surprised if a sheet was whipped off a FJ-09 in Indiana too lol.
We also got the new Circuit of the Americas in Austin. Maybe that's why :confused:.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yeah, nice track (Indy is probably the worst MC track on the MotoGP schedule) and Austin has nice roads near by for touring bikes, right? I've only been through the area one quick trip in a car.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
After looking more at the sheet covered mystery bike (if that's actually it) I would have to agree with JWTR that the profile looks like the FZ-07. Look at how the tank slopes. Also the raiser passenger pillion.

The FJ-09 would probably profile a windscreen and some type of forward fairing and that doesn't look to be the case. But then the rear does look like there may be some touring bags beneath.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
JWTR..........thanks for posting that.......it sure looks like the silhouette of an FZ07. My wife is going to be beside herself if that's the case. We may have a 600RR for sale if/when it arrives.

And remember folks, the MT09 was already out when the U.S. got it last year.......could be the same type scenario.......hopefully it will be available before October.....when I finally got the FZ09.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
JWTR..........thanks for posting that.......it sure looks like the silhouette of an FZ07. My wife is going to be beside herself if that's the case. We may have a 600RR for sale if/when it arrives.

And remember folks, the MT09 was already out when the U.S. got it last year.......could be the same type scenario.......hopefully it will be available before October.....when I finally got the FZ09.
Yeah, I have two buddies that have been holding out in hopes that the 07 comes here. Like the 09 it should be a good seller for Yamaha.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
My wife has ridden my FZ, but with her being 5' 2" tall, she is very tippy-toed on it, especially with me having the Penske shock on the rear and .95kg springs in the front and the sag set pretty tight for me. To her, the FZ09 is kind of top heavy also, because of her lack of upper body strength and not being able to touch the ground flat footed. I'm thinkin' the FZ07 would be just about perfect, fit wise, for her.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
FZ-09 'Challenge 9' Edition for the race track... ....... I wish :)
That picture with the sheet over it, the silhouette one, just doesn't match the silhouette of the FZ09.......sorry to disappoint!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I know, but you never know if that is just stock photography from a different unveiling.

Reactions: deadduck357

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, nice track (Indy is probably the worst MC track on the MotoGP schedule) and Austin has nice roads near by for touring bikes, right? I've only been through the area one quick trip in a car.
Hey they resurfaced the track in Indy and the Indy car guys said it was smooth as silk, my neighbor is a spotter for Scott Dixon. They love the track now so GP should be much better too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So then, if it's FZ 07 whats the MSRP??? And if it's FJR 09,,msrp??? And if it's FZ 09R then msrp??? And if it's a FZ 09 Vstorm,, msrp??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts