Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RotopaX Gas Packs- 1,2,3 and 4 Gallon Gasoline

I'm looking to do a long distance ride with the FZ-09 and would like to use the above. Anyone used one before and is it possible to mount it safely on the FZ-09? Appreciate any feedback. The company did not respond to my question, so if anyone knows of another solution, I'd be happy to skip them and look elsewhere.

Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
This was my first thought - One wheeled trailers
This company just came to the top in a google search - no endorsement implied

·
Registered
206 Posts
morning.

here's how I did mine on my givi removable racks. Aux Tank, Pelican case install ? thetenerist

The write up explains all the trial and tribulations. With the tenere's 23L tank, I have only used it once. I did bail out my buddies a few times with it.
I'm patiently waiting for sw-motech to come up with either a rear rack, or removable side racks. Givi has something in the works as well.

This is a big if, but depending if an actual hard bag system will be made for the bike, you can go with either aluminum (trex, or something similar), and mount fuel bottles to the back of the bike.
I have also seen guys remove the passenger pegs, and install a flat jerry can holder in it's place. That maybe a option as well.
If all else fails... buy a tenere. If you're easy on the throttle it will go 400 km on a tank on the hwy. Usually around town, riding like a tool, I get 300km easy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm considering this as well and am wondering if anyone has had success mounting a rotopax to their '09 in the past 2 years?

·
Registered
136 Posts
You need a tail rack to mount to if you want easy access. I ordered mine direct from Rotopax I think I just called them on the phone. I even found some coupon code online using.... Google. They are pricey for gas cans.

On the WR250R the mount on the rear is always attached for when gas stops are 100+ miles apart.

I've never thought about riding the FZ-09 anywhere I didn't think I could find a gas station.

1000's of miles with a rotopax mounted on rear racks through some very rough terrain never a leak. I do cut up an old inner tube for a buffer between the can and the metal rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts