Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm sure it's fine - i have this one and I'm extremely pleased - the owner is an NJ local as well so you're helping out a small biz guy instead of a china knockoff

2014-2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Blaster-X Integrated LED Tail Light Custom LED

he revamps the entire LED circuit panel for significantly brighter lights (i've had cars comment on how bright the taillight is). You can also program the brake light to flash in up to 7 (i think?) different patterns.

Make sure whichever you get - you have to upgrade your flasher relay to something like this:

ELFR-1 Electronic LED Flasher Relay with OEM Connector | Custom LED

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sure it's fine - i have this one and I'm extremely pleased - the owner is an NJ local as well so you're helping out a small biz guy instead of a china knockoff

he revamps the entire LED circuit panel for significantly brighter lights (i've had cars comment on how bright the taillight is). You can also program the brake light to flash in up to 7 (i think?) different patterns.

Make sure whichever you get - you have to upgrade your flasher relay to something like this:

ELFR-1 Electronic LED Flasher Relay with OEM Connector | Custom LED
i like that one you posted but $70 is way cooler than $140 lol

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
yup it's more expensive - you get what you pay for - though I can't speak to the quality of the China light directly. I believe Motodynamic also makes one and it's slightly cheaper ($100 range?).

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
^^^^^ Custom LED, Inc.

Best Taillight for the FZ09. Very Reasonable & Super customer service too.:cool:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You can save yourself a few bucks here for the flasher relay at Super Bright LEDs.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...versal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/

Plus if you are thinking of getting a brake light strobe modulator, they have the best price I have seen. Hard to beat the price at $5, I have one on order for my 09.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/strobe-controllers/brake-light-strobe-module/195/845/

They also have lots of motorcycle LED lights, and they added one flush mount marker/turn signal, so hopefully they will be adding more in the near future.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/motorcycle/

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You definitely have to watch stuff on ebay out of China, yes it will work, but it may not be that great quality. Unfortunately it is a bit of a crapshoot, some stuff is great at a great price, some stuff is so cheap it's not worth returning for a refund, as the return shipping cost more that price you paid to buy it in the first place, lol.

I would lean towards the Custom LED for the integrated led tail light, just because it is one of the most important lights on the bike, lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
+1,000,000 on the Custom LED. I try to put them on every bike I own. Easily the best aftermarket integrated light!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Couple questions about the blaster-X light. Firstly i assume the tail light is plug and pay, is the Flasher relay also plug and pay on the 09. Secondly, do you think the turn signals are bright enough that the OEM signals could be deleted all together. And lastly is that control switch necessary or would i be able to change through some strobe settings without it? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Couple questions about the blaster-X light. Firstly i assume the tail light is plug and pay, is the Flasher relay also plug and pay on the 09. Secondly, do you think the turn signals are bright enough that the OEM signals could be deleted all together. And lastly is that control switch necessary or would i be able to change through some strobe settings without it? Thanks for any input.
yes it's all plug and play - both relay and light. He used my bike as a prototype to make wire length and fitment all worked perfectly.

Yes you can delete the oem blinkers - i did - however some side visibility is limited - if you're directly parallel to a car in another lane it's a bit harder to see but you wouldn't be turning into them in that case anyway.

here are the links to youtube videos of the light demo (this is my bike using the first production light).

Lastly i don't have an affiliation with Custom LED - I was just an 09 owner in a similar area to the company and they used me as a test pig in exchange for a light. The owner is a really great guy and he puts a lot of effort into these lights (attention to detail is great) - so i'm just trying to help in answering q's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes it's all plug and play - both relay and light. He used my bike as a prototype to make wire length and fitment all worked perfectly.

Yes you can delete the oem blinkers - i did - however some side visibility is limited - if you're directly parallel to a car in another lane it's a bit harder to see but you wouldn't be turning into them in that case anyway.
Thanks for that Beck. I decided to pull the trigger on that tail light...of course due to a slow day at work, it was followed up by a viscous spiral of ordering new lighting for pretty much the whole bike. Pretty sure a few can relate to the feeling.:cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for that Beck. I decided to pull the trigger on that tail light...of course due to a slow day at work, it was followed up by a viscous spiral of ordering new lighting for pretty much the whole bike. Pretty sure a few can relate to the feeling.:cool:
Bump for both you and Beck. Did either of you use the control switch? And if so, where did you mount it? I just got it and am thinking about going somewhere on the left side of the bike for non-throttle hand access. Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Bump for both you and Beck. Did either of you use the control switch? And if so, where did you mount it? I just got it and am thinking about going somewhere on the left side of the bike for non-throttle hand access. Thoughts? Suggestions?
I just routed/zip tied the wires and left the control switch laying loose in the rear tray. Works great.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
motodynamic makes one in that price range you were looking at.

you have to get a extra harness from them if you want to run the integrated turn signals.

I have a motodynamic brake light hooked to a vizitech module, it doesnt flash everytime you press the brake pedal.

all the wiring is plug and unplug, no cutting or splicing.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Blaster-X user here, along with the switch. Much brighter than stock and lots of flash options. Farkling is fun, but not on things like lighting. Great product.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have the Motodynamic integrated taillight/brake light/sequential turn indicator unit which is super bright, plugnplay and can change flash rates/patterns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts