Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just purchased my 2015 FZ-09 and with spring coming up I am looking to do some great riding. Any local Washington, DC or DMV area riders that want a riding pal? Been riding for quite some time and I'm coming from a Triumph Daytona T595 955i. Also if anyone could point me in the direction of some local DMV area riding clubs or group rides that'd be great!

Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm up in Frederick, and ride with some guys from the ApriliaForum, but they ride a touch fast for my taste on the street. I know a little of the area, but am always looking to ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in Gainesville, VA. Some of my neighbors and I try to ride as much as possible! Where in the area are you at?

·
Vendor
870 Posts
dcsportbikes.net is pretty active. But purists join dc-cycles.org. Only problem it's been YEARS since there was an organized ride by list members for the latter. I'm at the 395/495 mixing bowl.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dcsportbikes.net is pretty active. But purists join dc-cycles.org. Only problem it's been YEARS since there was an organized ride by list members for the latter. I'm at the 395/495 mixing bowl.
Im directly in DC on Capitol Hill. Looking to do some Week day riding or get into a group and meet some other enthusiasts. I bartender mostly Thursday through Sunday so weekends are tough for me, but I am looking to take a weekend off for a longer trip to the mountains if anyone wants to plan something.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Gainesville, VA. Some of my neighbors and I try to ride as much as possible! Where in the area are you at?
Im directly in DC, on Captiol Hill. Really close to the 395, 695 spur. Always down for a ride, let me know if there are any plans for rides coming up!, also see below, I am looking to set up a ride to Shenandoah or Skyline, would be cool to get a good group.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm up in Frederick, and ride with some guys from the ApriliaForum, but they ride a touch fast for my taste on the street. I know a little of the area, but am always looking to ride.
Frederick area has some great riding. Possibly a ride out to Thurmont or further? PM for any rides you have coming up!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im directly in DC, on Captiol Hill. Really close to the 395, 695 spur. Always down for a ride, let me know if there are any plans for rides coming up!, also see below, I am looking to set up a ride to Shenandoah or Skyline, would be cool to get a good group.
I have 4 neighbors and I, that try and get out as much as possible. Some if not all are always down to go somewhere for a ride!! Just let me know!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just an FYI, my neighbors and I are going out on Sunday for a ride. Probably head out to the mountains. Hit me up if anyone is interested!

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in Woodbridge. Go riding with a few friends when I can, or just hit the road by myself. Always looking for people to rid with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in Woodbridge. Go riding with a few friends when I can, or just hit the road by myself. Always looking for people to rid with.
not sure if there is any interest, but a few friends and I are doing Rolling Thunder this year. (Not the parade) We are meeting up at Witts HD in Manassas, then riding out to DC for a few hours. Hit me up if there is any interest.

Tom

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm in Woodbridge area. I know it's an older thread but I just got mine a month ago.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Guys (and and Gals), looking to set up a ride on Sunday, August 28th. I'm in the DC area, but I'm up for anything. Let me know who's up for a ride out to the mountains or some country roads with a nice lunch stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts