Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new here I was wondering if anyone has made some scrambler looking XSR 900 builds.
If so, what type of front fairing fender did you put and which high fender and how it mounts.

Looking to maybe go this route.
Looking at this for inspiration:

Let me know if I posted properly or not,

I already have bar ends CRG mirrors

Thanks!
Major Shy

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
962 Posts
Huray - I'm not alone. I hope you plan to actually do some 'scrambler' stuff with your scrambler style....
Have you seen these:

I do not have a source for a high fender.....

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Best i could do

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huray - I'm not alone. I hope you plan to actually do some 'scrambler' stuff with your scrambler style....
Have you seen these:

I do not have a source for a high fender.....
Hey!

Yes, I saw the Monkeybeast one, pretty cool, would have to make a custom exhaust and brackets if we want it that close :p
I really like the seat, but sadly I can't find anything close to it. Might have to go to an artisan to make a custom seat that is flat.

As for the second link, I never saw that one, it looks pretty interesting and makes me want to use that FZ headlight, but I don't think it is LED, is it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best i could do

Thank you, I did see this post, our horn is oddly placed, will have to move that like original poster of that thread.
I will try and find all the parts used to see if I can make something similar!

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,485 Posts

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
962 Posts
@psycoreefer Btw if you want to keep the nice tail, you might want to use this as for a tail tidy.
I'm still waiting for release, but looks clean and also has integrated turned signals.

Pretty sure they said it would be out in the coming months. :cool:
eh - I actually like the look stock fender & round tail light. I'm not a big fan of the 'dangling booger license plate' though. I have a custom MT09 swing arm mounted system about 90% fab'd up, but not sure I'm liking the way it is looking. If I could change anything on the XSR it would be to have a slightly more substantial stock fender. I personally do not care at all for the way it looks when the bike ends at the back of the seat - like in the Chimera custom above. The only way that looks 'right' to me is if a cowl or something is added to the passenger seat area.

Wow, TST sure jumped on that project, didn’t they? Already have a prototype XSR kit after just six short years on the market... 🥱
LOL - they sure did - just in time for Yamaha to update the XSR next year with the new MT bits and make the kit much less in-demand.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
962 Posts
Anyway, there’s this company...

They put out this bike some time ago. I don’t know anything about them, but it may be something you can look into...
If you like that beak it is a purchasable bolt-on: Yamaha XSR900 Chimera PA12 High Fender – UNPAINTED – Bunker Custom Cycles
If you remove the stock fender make sure you've got a quality radiator guard first, a high fender like that does nothing to keep stones and such off the radiator.

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts

I went the other way on my old motard.
Used it for commuting and the high guard made it weave about at freeway speeds, so I put an aprillia rs250 front guard on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts