Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a tail tidy / fender eliminator, but 150/200$ for one is pretty absurd. I paid considerably less for my ducati's tail tidy.

Anyone tried one of these?
Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy 2014 Yamaha FZ09 FZ 09 FZ 09 MT09 MT 09 MT 09 | eBay

Are there any <100$ options?

I know there was a free but hackish version... but I couldnt find the actual details on doing the mod. (anyone have details on the mod) Also would prefer NOT to lose seat lock cover.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Do a search there is a ton of information on this already, not many options sub 100 though unless you make your own.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did do a search... I found a bunch of euro ones on ebay, found the R&G which is overpriced for what it is (but may be my only option)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran across the graves, it was out of stock a couple days ago, but back in stock now.

Do you end up with a license plate light after everything was said and done?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
You don't. However it'd be easy to rig one up. The liscense plate light is a separate wire, you can get a replacement and mount it easily although there is no specific area to mount it.

I guess it's a risk but my SV had a similar tail tighty(no liscense plate light) and I was never bothered for it.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I am ordering that Graves kit, thanks for posting it. In Idaho, the rules say nothing about having a license plate light, just a rear brake/tail light and one reflector in the back. I have two license plate screws with reflectors on the end. I'll be good to go!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
If i ever got pulled over and given shit for it, the brake light does light the plate up so I'd play stupid - i doubt it would work but worth a shot.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the graves fender eliminator. I put in some of those license plate bolt lights, they do give off light and light up the plate but not as good as stock. I'm going to put in a led strip light. Like already posted the license plate light is wired separately so you can easily add a light or two without having to cut or splice up any of the stock wiring, the lights I added were plug and play with a simple connector.

Ran out to the garage, here is a picture of it installed with lights on.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I got the genuine Yamaha one from the accessories list on their web site, it even has the MT/FZ logo painted over the plate light.

image.jpg

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I have the graves fender eliminator. I put in some of those license plate bolt lights, they do give off light and light up the plate but not as good as stock.
Do you have a link to where you got the liscense plate light?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looking for a tail tidy / fender eliminator, but 150/200$ for one is pretty absurd. I paid considerably less for my ducati's tail tidy.

Anyone tried one of these?
Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy 2014 Yamaha FZ09 FZ 09 FZ 09 MT09 MT 09 MT 09 | eBay

Are there any <100$ options?

I know there was a free but hackish version... but I couldnt find the actual details on doing the mod. (anyone have details on the mod) Also would prefer NOT to lose seat lock cover.
I just bought that one, thanks for posting. Don't feel like spending $100 on a piece of steel, though the Puig, R&G, and Graves all look very nice. Will let you know how it goes soon...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I just bought that one, thanks for posting. Don't feel like spending $100 on a piece of steel, though the Puig, R&G, and Graves all look very nice. Will let you know how it goes soon...
i could be wrong but only problem i see with that one is that it doesnt provide a housing to mount your rear blinkers?

·
Registered
196 Posts
i could be wrong but only problem i see with that one is that it doesnt provide a housing to mount your rear blinkers?
If you have aftermarket signals, it shouldn't be a problem. I bought one of those as well with universal signals on the way, too. Will let people know how it goes when I get everything in.

Reactions: beck
1 - 20 of 42 Posts