Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been here for a while. Are there any original FZ-09 owners still here before the MT? I still love my bike as much as when I got it in 2014. Can't believe it's been so long.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a 2015 FZ-09, sold it and have a deposit down waiting for a '21 MT09SP... And you arent kidding, its amazing how fast time has gone!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a reason to get a new one? I'm still convinced the one I have is the best possible bike! Good luck with the new one!

(Yes, it's amazing how fast time goes. I still have pictures of my Camaro posted that I sold like five years ago. I'm not sure how to delete obsolete pictures though)

Reactions: avp and LouG

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Hey Jen, nice to hear from you.
I'm still around with my farkled 2014 that has about 46K on the odometer.
I just can't get excited enough about anything else to replace it!
Been a member here for eight years now.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
46k miles?!? That's awesome!!! My bike is in PA, which is a vacation home, and I'm not riding where we normally are, since it's insane in the NYC area. You win with the miles :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Still here and still have the FZ. Sometimes I think about getting rid of it because I don't ride as much as before, Then I go for a ride and think, "I'm never selling this bike.", it's just so much fun.

Reactions: Jen

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Still here 2015 '09 new November 2014 with 48,000 miles and still loving it !

·
Registered
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
59 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm considered an original owner. I bought my 2014 used in 2016 with 3k on it. I still own that same FZ although it has a little over 25k on it now. And I still check in here once in awhile.
In fact I just sold my RT because I almost never rode it, I always take the FZ unless it's below 50*F and I have to go a long ways.

Reactions: Jen and Darf

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Mine's a '14, I bought it in '15. I'm too ashamed to give the mileage. But can only give the excuse that I'm a recreational rider now, no commuting, no long trips.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Still have my 2016 with 41,000 km and still going strong ! I think I’m going to run this bike into the ground (keep it forever) . I bought a 2021 crf300 Rally as my second bike for adventure riding . The bike is just so good for what it is

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is there a reason to get a new one? I'm still convinced the one I have is the best possible bike! Good luck with the new one!

(Yes, it's amazing how fast time goes. I still have pictures of my Camaro posted that I sold like five years ago. I'm not sure how to delete obsolete pictures though)
Does anyone ever need a reason to get a new bike ;). I really like the new paint scheme on the SP, as well as the electronics... and most importantly, cruise control!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hey Jen, nice to hear from you.
I'm still around with my farkled 2014 that has about 46K on the odometer.
I just can't get excited enough about anything else to replace it!
Been a member here for eight years now.
August of 2014 here w/ around 45k miles. On the topic of things that excite me enough to replace it... I've struggled too. But I will say I plan to test ride a 1200RS tonight. I've always had a thing for those speed triples.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Does anyone ever need a reason to get a new bike ;). I really like the new paint scheme on the SP, as well as the electronics... and most importantly, cruise control!
No, we don't. But sometimes common sense intrudes. So many things to spend on, so little money.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts