Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer where I purchased my bike mentioned that Perilli Angel GT's are their best selling tire.

I'm not ready for new rubber yet (only 500 miles on the bike). I'm still breaking in the bike and figure I'll take it easy get to know the bike really well with the stock tires. I'm guessing by mid summer I'll be ready for a new set.

My dealer will not install mail order parts! They have a big sign saying so. Its OK because I get a 15% discount for a year anyway. So i was going to go with them if they are a good choice.

Any feedback?

·
Registered
336 Posts
My local dealer where I purchased my bike mentioned that Perilli Angel GT's are their best selling tire.

I'm not ready for new rubber yet (only 500 miles on the bike). I'm still breaking in the bike and figure I'll take it easy get to know the bike really well with the stock tires. I'm guessing by mid summer I'll be ready for a new set.

My dealer will not install mail order parts! They have a big sign saying so. Its OK because I get a 15% discount for a year anyway. So i was going to go with them if they are a good choice.

Any feedback?
I have them on my Ducati and really like them so far. They haven't seen much rain because I live in the desert, but they seem to get to temp pretty quick and once they are good and hot they stick like velcro to the asphalt. I have 4700 miles on them and probably will only another 1000-1500 miles out of them and I ride fairly aggressive.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Great feedback, Fairbanksdmt. My FZ-09 has 2,500 miles and the stock Dunlops (particularly the rear tire) look to have less than 1,000 miles remaining. The Angel GT is among my top candidates for a replacement tire.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah if you want I can take a picture of the tread depth that is left tonight when I get home and you can see how it's held up. I take my bike to the Apache Trail here in AZ and it's a brutal road and there are times when I'm at a pretty good lean angle and keep thinking "please tires don't slip...." and they never have let me down. LOL!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I only got 2500 miles out of the stock Dunlop's. I've got 3000 miles on my Angel GT's. I'm pleased with mine. I think I've got another 3000 miles on my Angel GT's.:color: :cool: :color:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I have a set of those in the mail box... should get them by tye end of next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
957 Posts
Based on what a rep from revzilla told me they have the most "U" shaped profile out of all the ST tires currently on the market. That means they're the most ideal for people who do lots of city riding and straight line work. They do sacrifice some in handling because they have a smaller contact patch when on leaned over than others as well as more effort on turn-in, but they make up for it in straight line mileage and straight line performance.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yeah if you want I can take a picture of the tread depth that is left tonight when I get home and you can see how it's held up.
Traveling most of the day and didn't see your message until now, but yes I'd like to see pics of your Angel GT with 4,700 miles. I appreciate the offer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts