Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

What option would you buy (if any)?

• Steel

Votes: 0 0.0%

Any interest in stainless steel bar end weights?

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  veebooster 
#1 ·
Since I didnt seem to get much response from previous post, I'd like to know if any of you would have interest in having stainless steel machined in Canada, bar-ends that are compatible with CRG and other bar end mirrors.

I just had my stock ones machined and was now considering having a batch produced (from scratch) if there was enough interest. Considering they must be compatible with a few other Yamaha models...

Let me know!

I'm waiting for the quote, so don't know yet how much I would sell them, but they'd have to be cheaper then the Rhinos (shipping would also be cheaper).

Cheers!

See less See more
#3 ·
I hope I can have them produced and sold for around 55$+shipping. Considering it would be stainless steel instead of standard steel I think it would be a nice alternative (I know my stock ones already started rusting at the extremity where they were tightened with the allen key. I'll visit my Yamaha dealer and see how many models I could fit these to. I know I change bikes every year and always end up requiring machining to avoid the costly CRG bar end mirrors and adapters. With these bar-ends and cheap ebay bar-end mirrors, you got a nice kit for around 70$ for both mirrors.

#5 · (Edited)
Hey guys I just just heard back from the machining shop. Here's the prices I'd be able to sell them at:

Steel (pair): 40$USD + shipping
Steel (pair) powder coated black: 45$USD + shipping
Stainless steel (pair): 50$USD + shipping
Stainless steel (pair) powder coated black: 55$USD + shipping

First batch would be ready in early August. After that, I'd have some in stock and could usually have another batch produced within 3 weeks.

I don't know for you americans, but here in Canada the rhinos added up to roughly 110$CDN with shipping.

And these will be 100% made in Canada out of top quality material.

I'm also considering adding the option to have the mirrors plugs (to plug the holes the stock mirrors were installed in).

Shipping to the US, would be around 20$ unless you group a few riders in the same area I could possibly ship more at a time.
To Canada, 1 business day would be about 12$.

#8 ·
A few grams lighter then stock as they will basically have the same shape (and stainless and plain steel weight the same) just a part shaved off to accommodate bar-end mirrors. I had my stock ones machined and have noticed no difference at all in vibration, they are still pretty heavy.

#10 ·
speedo - i'm assuming the pricing and shipping costs would change for American buyers - i'm not interested in a pair but you may just want to be specific on currency and shipping expectations - i'm guessing it would be more expensive for U.S. buyers?

#11 ·
Good point, I just clarified that in my post. Now I'm not planning on making a fortune with these (unless I sell a million of them :p), if at those prices people prefer spending on the Rhinos, I won't go out of my way to have them done. :) But I think they would be cheaper and better then the Rhinos. And my design wouldnt have an Allen at the end, the tips would be full, the area where the mirror bolts on would have a place to be tightened with a normal key or wrench. So once mirrors are installed, everything would look smooth and clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.