Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a two brothers exhaust on my fz8 but looking to do something else on the new bike. And should i put a slip on or just go with a full exhaust. All ideas are welcome! :p

Kyle

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Full exhaust. It doesn't really matter which one. If you want it to be really loud remove the db killer and get a pc5.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I myself, as well as the town I live in and surrounding areas, can vouch for the fact that Two Bros full system without the insert is plenty loud. Skip the Power commander and just get an ECU flash from 2 Wheel Dynoworks that is setup for your exhaust and other mods.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The closest thing you can get as far as slip-on is the M4 or my exhaust. I have a 3-1 slip-on collector (cut the headers off and slip the mid pipe over it. The Delkevic has a 2 3/4" outlet... its loud! It comes with a DBK that tame things down a bit but I don't use it. I just enjoy settings car alarm off in the morning... LOL

·
Registered
583 Posts
Loud bikes create a lot of anti-bike sentiment and laws aimed at noise limits, access limits, profiling, anger, etc... your choice, at least for a while... until you start getting expensive citations... or motos get banned altogether. Some states have already passed laws making it illegal to "tamper" with the "muffler".

Fire away.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Loud bikes create a lot of anti-bike sentiment and laws aimed at noise limits, access limits, profiling, anger, etc... your choice, at least for a while... until you start getting expensive citations... or motots get banned altogether. Some states have already passed laws making it illegal to "tamper" with the "muffler".

Fire away.
Besides liking a nice deep sound, I want Cagers to stay the F away from me; And I certainly don't care what they think....I know they've got their preconceived ideas about MC anyway and the loud(er) pipes aren't going to change those ideas....:angry6:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Loud bikes create a lot of anti-bike sentiment and laws aimed at noise limits, access limits, profiling, anger, etc... your choice, at least for a while... until you start getting expensive citations... or motots get banned altogether. Some states have already passed laws making it illegal to "tamper" with the "muffler".

Fire away.
I agree to an extent. I'd be willing to bet though that half the people who hear a loud street bike and develop anti-"bike" sentiments hear a loud Harley go by and don't think twice about it. Logic would say they're one in the same, but logic isn't strong among the sheeple these days so I'm not going to take away from my enjoyment to please them.

On the other hand, I may have a loud exhaust, but riding etiquette is the bigger problem with the anti-bike views. I know of plenty of guys who ride like a**holes and don't have loud exhausts. THAT is the real problem that our "brothers" do that gives us a bad image. Someone might initially have a negative sentiment towards me when they hear my bike but when I'm following at more-than-reasonable distances, not passing, not lane-splitting, and not revving the piss out of my bike at stoplights, they hopefully realize there are respectful bikers out there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I agree to an extent. I'd be willing to bet though that half the people who hear a loud street bike and develop anti-"bike" sentiments hear a loud Harley go by and don't think twice about it. Logic would say they're one in the same, but logic isn't strong among the sheeple these days so I'm not going to take away from my enjoyment to please them.

On the other hand, I may have a loud exhaust, but riding etiquette is the bigger problem with the anti-bike views. I know of plenty of guys who ride like a**holes and don't have loud exhausts. THAT is the real problem that our "brothers" do that gives us a bad image. Someone might initially have a negative sentiment towards me when they hear my bike but when I'm following at more-than-reasonable distances, not passing, not lane-splitting, and not revving the piss out of my bike at stoplights, they hopefully realize there are respectful bikers out there.

HD's certainly have a lot of "loud/even straight" pipes and they "turn a lot of heads" when they go by.... and riding style also is a strong effect... When we pass a car/truck/bus at 40 mph higher than they are going... it's noticable but actually probably safer than passing slowly... if you're gonna pass, get 'er done. OTOH, if you see other people covering their ears when you go by, it's way too loud... IMHO. Some folks maintain that loud exhaust makes other drivers aware of your presence... so they don't run into you... there are arguments both ways.

Nonetheless, next time a loud bike passes a group of pedestrians (that vote) and you can hear their comments, I wager that very few are complimentary.

thx, G

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
HD's certainly have a lot of "loud/even straight" pipes and they "turn a lot of heads" when they go by.... and riding style also is a strong effect... When we pass a car/truck/bus at 40 mph higher than they are going... it's noticable but actually probably safer than passing slowly... if you're gonna pass, get 'er done. OTOH, if you see other people covering their ears when you go by, it's way too loud... IMHO. Some folks maintain that loud exhaust makes other drivers aware of your presence... so they don't run into you... there are arguments both ways.

Nonetheless, next time a loud bike passes a group of pedestrians (that vote) and you can hear their comments, I wager that very few are complimentary.

thx, G
If you Can Hear their comments, the pipes Aren't Loud enough, lol, And you weren't Riding a Red FZ-09, LOL :happy8:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Loud bikes create a lot of anti-bike sentiment and laws aimed at noise limits, access limits, profiling, anger, etc... your choice, at least for a while... until you start getting expensive citations... or motos get banned altogether. Some states have already passed laws making it illegal to "tamper" with the "muffler".

Fire away.
Been riding street bikes for 25 years. All of them except for the first has had at least an aftermarket muffler. Never had an "expensive citation" due to a pipe. EVER....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Get an Akrapovic exhaust. 2 of my buddies, after hearing mine, took off and sold their exhausts (1 Graves, 1 M4) and installed an Akra on their FZ09's. Very deep, but very loud and much more of a refined sound.

Reactions: doran and DreamFZ

·
Registered
43 Posts

Fire away.
Really? I didn't know that, what states outlawed aftermarket exhaust? I've always thought Commiefornia was the worst when it came to that.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Besides liking a nice deep sound, I want Cagers to stay the F away from me;
Almost all motorcycle accidents tend to happen in front of the rider such as a car turning, animals in the road, objects in the road etc. Loud pipes make very little difference to motorcycle safety. Bright helmet/jacket/headlights will do a far better job at protecting you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts