Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a fair amount, of FZ 09 owners, that like to work on bikes.
Does anyone have any completed, or projects underway?

Post up any past, or present projects that you have, or have had!
It's always fun, to see what phases of bike ownership, people have been through.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My 09 will be a bit Cafe with clubman bars, I'd like to go further, tank and tail, but I don't have the fabrication skills to do it myself and it's expensive to pay someone else to do it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
While it is not an 09 build, I have a few projects that are in the works. They have taken a back burner for the time being, as life has done what life does and gotten busy, but I have been working on a pair of 69 Honda CB350s.

One was a "roller" that needed to have some reworking done to it. I have no real pictures as there is not much to document. Just a lot of taking old off and seeing if I can get it to work (or most times having to replace). Lots of cleaning. I hope to have it firing in the next few weeks, and then start working on running gear.

The other one though... It was a basket, so I decided to see if I could work it into a hard tale bobber. I have a build thread going here: NickJ's CB350 Hard Tail Build Thread

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I am building a KZ project bike with my father...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am building a KZ project bike with my father...

I had a 1981 KZ750, with GPZ 810cc kit, milled head, cleaned up ports, and Suzuki 36mm slingshot carbs, FZR600 front end, GS1100 aluminum swing arm with GSXR rear wheel.
93 RWHP, went 11:10 at 122 MPH.........cheap semi-fast and fun. A reliable street bike, and a fun project.

* Have not had any luck, posting photos of my Honda GL650 project bike...........v2bob, want to post them?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I had a 1981 KZ750, with GPZ 810cc kit, milled head, cleaned up ports, and Suzuki 36mm slingshot carbs, FZR600 front end, GS1100 aluminum swing arm with GSXR rear wheel.
93 RWHP, went 11:10 at 122 MPH.........cheap semi-fast and fun. A reliable street bike, and a fun project.

* Have not had any luck, posting photos of my Honda GL650 project bike...........v2bob, want to post them?
Very cool. I'm excited to ride this thing... Still a long way to go :(

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
April 12th 001.jpg foggy 50 - fz-09 forum.jpg

Been fooling with 3 Malaguti scooters lately. I have 2 F-12 phantom Foggy 50 replicas...both 01's. One is water cooled with 67 original miles...in mint condition....and the other is air cooled number 301 of 500 made. The other is a cleaned up 2002 phantom F-12 Stealth.

Here's an engine and trans pic of number 301. Waiting for the frame to come back from the powder coater.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts