Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK help me out here, I was surfing the webs and came across a Sensor in either the 2015 FZ-09 or FJ-09 that shuts the throttle when the bike get up on a wheelie????? is this true? I cant seem the find the article now. Do the 2014 FZ-09 have this sensor? If so, mine don't work very well!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
it's a TIP OVER sensor.. not a wheelie sensor. If the bike falls over in a crash...the engine turns off.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Thanks for the laugh, Gary. :cool:

If you were being serious, I apologize.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I'd like to have a wheelie sensor on mine. Every time the front wheel goes airborn, it would trip the sensor and a sound track of a 1000 people cheering would play into the SENA headset I'm wearing.............<<<in my very best Elvis voice....."Thank you, Thank you very much!".....>>>

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'd like to have a wheelie sensor on mine. Every time the front wheel goes airborn, it would trip the sensor and a sound track of a 1000 people cheering would play into the SENA headset I'm wearing.............<<<in my very best Elvis voice....."Thank you, Thank you very much!".....>>>
I like it, but instead of cheering I want mine to play Flight of the Valkeries by Wagner.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If there is any shred of seriousness in the original post, look into a Bazzaz system. Launch, traction and wheelie control, quickshifter, etc...

Personally my wheelie control is my right hand, and it seems to be turned off 99% of the time. LOL

·
Registered
962 Posts
The FJ-09 comes with ABS and TCS. The ABS can't be turned off, but the traction control (TCS) can. The TCS will keep you from doing burnouts, wheelies, powerslides, or anything where both wheels aren't moving at the same speed. It's primarily a safety device - but some people use traction control as a launch device to be able to romp on it at will... The electronics are the big part of why the FJ-09 costs $2,300 more than the FZ-09. There are traction control systems available for the FZ-09. I've ridden an FZ1 with and without a bazzaz and I would leave it on a bike if I bought it with it - but I wouldn't spend that much just to get it. Bazzaz Z-Fi TC Traction Control System Yamaha FZ-09 2014-2015 - RevZilla

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
OK help me out here, I was surfing the webs and came across a Sensor in either the 2015 FZ-09 or FJ-09 that shuts the throttle when the bike get up on a wheelie????? is this true? I cant seem the find the article now. Do the 2014 FZ-09 have this sensor? If so, mine don't work very well!!
no anti-wheelie sensor but a lean angle sensor. on the 09, the bike would need to be leaned over past 75 degrees for 2-3 seconds before the fuel pump shuts off.

however, due to the way the sensor works, on very high (like 12 o'clock) wheelies, sensor operation becomes unpredictable. that's why stunters disable them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The FJ-09 comes with ABS and TCS. The ABS can't be turned off, but the traction control (TCS) can. The TCS will keep you from doing burnouts, wheelies, powerslides, or anything where both wheels aren't moving at the same speed. It's primarily a safety device - but some people use traction control as a launch device to be able to romp on it at will... The electronics are the big part of why the FJ-09 costs $2,300 more than the FZ-09. There are traction control systems available for the FZ-09. I've ridden an FZ1 with and without a bazzaz and I would leave it on a bike if I bought it with it - but I wouldn't spend that much just to get it. Bazzaz Z-Fi TC Traction Control System Yamaha FZ-09 2014-2015 - RevZilla
What about ABS? Never had a bike with it before is it worth the extra money?

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
In the case of the FJ09, it's not optional, it comes standard.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My Ducati Streetfighter has traction control, and if it's enabled I can't get the front to lift. Luckily it can be shut off, but on it's very best day it can't hang with the wheelie ability of the 09. I'm not a fan of rider aides personally and certainly not any feature that prevents wheelies!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts