Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, its finally time to introduce myself and show you what i've had in the works!

I bought a 2018 MT-09 about a year ago, and as soon as I bought it, decided it needed waaay more power.

Over the next 6 months or so I have take the time do, my due diligence and study, and plan very carefully a well thought out turbo setup.

The turbo is a custom Unit from Comp-Turbo Technology

it is gated internally, with an AEM Tru-boost to control the boost on the fly.

The Blow off valve is a Tial

The injectors are big injectors sourced from a different application, from injector dynamics.

Tuning solution will be a woolich WRT setup, and will hopefully utilize the quick shifter and race tools setup for launch control.

We will stretch it 10" to help with keeping the front tire on or near the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
We will also be intercooling the setup with a custom built intercooler, The core was sourced from Vibrant, with alumnium piping of course!

There will also be a VDO scavenge pump to keep oil backup from happening and smoking the seals in the turbo.

Our fuel of choice is E85, since I live about 3 blocks from the E85 station in our area. I also contacted Barnett Clutches and sourced a set of 80LB springs for the 2018 slipper clutch, while they do not offer them in the catalog they can get them for you.

All the flanges are Vibrant Stainless steel units, as their quality is superb and will make sure we don't run into any issues with warpage.

So far, I have started the bike on the injectors ( N/A of course, on pump gas) and we have got the hotside manifold mostly finished, going to go build the dump pipes tonight for the exhaust and wastegate. We decided to keep the turbo in the front instead of rear mounted like the extreme creations kit for ease of fitment, short routing of intercooler piping and short exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, as long as the motor holds together, north of 220whp. I think with the size of the turbo, and e85, we can accomplish this on lower boost than pump and a smaller turbo. The setup was designed to be efficient.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the inter-cooler mocked up, and welded, Need to weld the three throttle body tubes on, and the inlet pipe, blow off valve flange, and charge pipe. We are re doing one leg of the manifold, It moved during welding, and didn't line up, and we didn't like the look of it, so we are making it right! ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ladies and Gent's.... check out the video of the first race the bike had... Still needs quite a bit of tuning, and more boost, but here it is pinned up against a 1,050 whp UGR twin turbo viper. It was a 60 roll and he finally catches me about 145 mph, I also had a hard time getting it to shift into 4th.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts