Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the bike for 4 days and over the last 3 days did over 500 miles. I got the bike with a 674 miles so I changed the oil and filter. Used Moil 1 10W40. The bike now has 1100 miles. No engine or clutch issues while riding but today after riding 20 miles or so I stopped to adjust the suspension. When starting back up I felt a vibration as though i was riding over a milled section of road. It lasted maybe 30 feet from dead stop and it just disappeared. I was entering the LIE from an on ramp off a rest stop and just continued accelerating without issue. A while later, after another brief stop, The same thing happened. This vibration happened 3 or 4 times for the duration of the ride. It's the first 30-50 feet from a stop. No other symptoms or issues. The bike handled fine, engine sounded perfect as did everything else. I've read threads on the CCT issue but this doesn't fit that sound profile. Not ticking, more like a brief rumble. Any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It hadn't been lubed by PO, so it got done after the ride. I'll see if it continues on my next ride. I agree, weird. Like riding on knobby tires for the first few yards.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Was the shudder only while moving? If so I would suspect something like a frozen chain link or gummed up brake piston. If it is shuddering idling still, maybe a throttle body butterfly is sticking?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If I engage the clutch too soon mine makes the same kind of vibe/noise and always has. If I slip the clutch until it reaches over 20 Kph it doesn't do it. I've assumed it was the engine's way of saying "the revs are too low!!!". A defect or design error? Dunno...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hope you put Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w40 in your bike not car oil. Just saying if it shudders under power and goes away off power or clutch pulled in clutch may be slipping.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yeah, that would suck... it would likely require at least 2 oil changes to purge as much of the friction modifier crap as possible before putting in the new plates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't think thats the issue i'v just noticed it myself and i have had my bike for about 3 days as well. i had 0 miles when i got it from the dealer and i haven't done an oil change yet, i have about 300 miles now. i thought it might be the breaks rubbing because i can be coasting with the clutch in and at about 15 mph it does it. i'm gonna go get it checked out today

·
Registered
659 Posts
I noticed this a few times as well; In my case it ended up being the radiator cooling fan. Switch your gauge to engine temp and watch it closely next time it happens. I would be willing to bet you are in activation range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts