Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you guys get tired of answering exhaust questions and requests for opinions from newbies, so I apologize in advance. I have spent the majority of the last 48 hours searching and read the 89 page Exhaust thread here, and I'm now at the point of more directly asking.

So far, it seems the best-looking exhausts to me are:
1. SC Project CR-T $1200
2. Termignoni (titanium sleeve) $900
3. Competition Werkes (unknown price)
with the Yoshimura R-77 (stainless) not too far behind the pack $900

IMO, the first 3 are also the best sounding. I would always appreciate direct links to more videos, since the first 3 are very hard to find.

Is there anything to justify the SC extra cost?
Does the Termignoni lack of cross-overs put it at a disadvantage?

Any other words of wisdom or input?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought one that had a readily available fuel map included with the ECU flash... No exhaust is worth it, without proper fueling.
Agreed. Are there any reputable tuners/shops that might be able to to offer both a performance and cost effective flash that would be cheaper than a PC and dyno tune?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Might have a deal coming up on a very lightly use Akra CF. All you need is your ECu flash by Vcyclenut for $80.00 (or $180.00 to remove the speed limiter and quickshift capable)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might have a deal coming up on a very lightly use Akra CF. All you need is your ECu flash by Vcyclenut for $80.00 (or $180.00 to remove the speed limiter and quickshift capable)
For my silver bike, I was really trying to get an exhaust with a titanium or stainless can, but I might consider that depending on the price.

Good to know about Vcyclenut.

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
224 Posts
You can get the Vcycle flash for $80 actually, complete with map.
I have looked at vcycle site afew times as this is what i intend to do when i get a exhaust but i have only seen $180 with a fuel map/flash.
The custom flash is the only one with throttle maps and it always shows $180 when done,wrong one??

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yosh is 734.00 at Revzilla. Didnt do any other looking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got the Akro carbon ($741 free shipping from motomummy) and installed it this weekend. Already have the vcyclenut flash for stock exhaust. Even with the stock flash I have no popping or backfiring. gonna send the computer back for the refusal for this exhaust anyway, only have to pay the shipping. Cant beat that!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yosh is 734.00 at Revzilla. Didnt do any other looking.
Yeah. I made my original post based on MSRP from Yoshi's site but have since found better prices at both Revzilla and Sportbike Track Gear. I found one video that really elevated the Yosh in my eyes. The price is really good, and I have some personal experience with their quality on an old CBR. Probably going to go with that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah. I made my original post based on MSRP from Yoshi's site but have since found better prices at both Revzilla and Sportbike Track Gear. I found one video that really elevated the Yosh in my eyes. The price is really good, and I have some personal experience with their quality on an old CBR. Probably going to go with that.
Choose any full system that you prefer. The full exhaust map will work fine with it, just specify if you're planning to run it with a db killer in or out.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I have to disagree with the idea that any full exhaust map will do. Ive owned a lot of bikes, a lot of exhausts, and used numerous maps, all of which were very different, and not unchangeable. Yes, the bike would run, but the power was not the same, there were flat spots, some full exhaust maps produced worse results than just running the stock map.

Ironically, on my old bike, even the Dynojet map for the Yosh exhaust I purchased performed worse than using stock fueling.

There is no such thing as one size fits all. Especially when taking about fuel maps and yoga pants.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Carbon Akra all the way.. I :love9: mine.

Reactions: jmcghee41

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have to disagree with the idea that any full exhaust map will do. Ive owned a lot of bikes, a lot of exhausts, and used numerous maps, all of which were very different, and not unchangeable. Yes, the bike would run, but the power was not the same, there were flat spots, some full exhaust maps produced worse results than just running the stock map.

Ironically, on my old bike, even the Dynojet map for the Yosh exhaust I purchased performed worse than using stock fueling.

There is no such thing as one size fits all. Especially when taking about fuel maps and yoga pants.
Well I respect your view Fizzerpilot, and while I agree with you in principle, I believe that the performance margins are so close now that it is possible for any variances in performance to be virtually imperceptible to the rider. That is indeed my experience with a full exhaust system and tune on this bike. Stock my bike produced 106 HP and 117 with TBR pipe and full AKRA tune sans DB killer. I can also assure you that there are no flat spots.

So perhaps just for this case, there is a "one size fits some" :cool:

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm sticking with the stock system, unless it gets damaged. Heck, think of all the extra beer money I will have!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts