Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought sliders from OES Accessories before and they are of very high quality. They are also priced right.

HERE ARE THE FZ-09 SLIDERS

HERE IS WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THESE SLIDERS

I am not affiliated with this company in any way, and do not know any of their employees. But these guys race and also work at racing events and alot of racers swear by their Sliders.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It looks like a good product compared to all plastic, and the price is good, but I don't think it is as good quality/design as woodcraft.
Nice find though...are you getting them?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I contacted OES a in December and asked about sliders for FZ09 they said they would try to get a bike to make the sliders. In Jan they were working on them and Jan 16 I bought them. I have used them on 06 Yamaha Fz1,2010 Kawasaki z1000 and 2012 Fz8. They are great quality and price. get-attachment (5).jpg get-attachment (3).jpg get-attachment.jpg

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Seriously, read the second link in my original post. They go into great detail what sets these sliders apart from the rest and there are also alot of testimonials.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Seriously, read the second link in my original post. They go into great detail what sets these sliders apart from the rest and there are also alot of testimonials.
I did! Already have the woodcraft anyway...but the alum spacer feature is critical....I wonder if its T-shaped to prevent the slider from popping off?...ie a shoulder that captures the plastic

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Woodcraft sliders look great as well. I like their side bolt design on the puck.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
They look like well made and priced conventional sliders.

The Woodcrafts are different, you can buy and replace just a puck, you don't have to get another set after a "test". Plus the pucks are available in diff materials and colors.
The Woodcraft sliders look great as well. I like their side bolt design on the puck.
This is why i went with woodcraft, but they do look very nice. After getting the woodcraft i am happy i did, they material they use is very hard and i doubt it could ever wear through even if you were going in the triple digits. Not that i'm going to test them anytime soon, but i'm sure i will enjoy buying a new color when i do.

Reactions: knobbyaddiction

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice option for the FZ. Good price as well. I'm looking for fork spools and $30 appears to be reasonable.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have bought sliders from OES Accessories before and they are of very high quality. They are also priced right.

HERE ARE THE FZ-09 SLIDERS

HERE IS WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THESE SLIDERS

I am not affiliated with this company in any way, and do not know any of their employees. But these guys race and also work at racing events and alot of racers swear by their Sliders.
I dont think they are comparing this product to Trex because their frame sliders are a two bolt unit not these round types. T-rex is recommending that you torque the frame mount bolts to factory specs and use loctite.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the front and rear Engine mount
frame sliders, swingarm spools,
and fork sliders. Got the whole package for $125.00 This is the same package that they race with.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Good point v2Bob. I think I am going to order the whole package like knobbyaddiction. Looks like a great deal! knobbyaddiction, how does the bike look with front and rear sliders on the engine?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't have em yet, will post pics when I install. I'm going more for function then looks, but I'm sure they will look trick.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I installed the rear position frame sliders from oes and like them. Note that the rear position sliders may interfere with your Knesset if you are long of leg. I am 5'11 and they don't bother me. With the way the engine sticks out on this bike I think this kind of protection (along with some kind of case protectors, I went with t-Rex) is a must. I cried when I dropped my F4I when I thought the kickstand was down...now I always look the kickstand into the fully forward position. Part of the power off checklist.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm coming from a 2004 F4i to the FZ-09 too and I'm also about 5'11" so the rear engine sliders shouldn't bother me. How do you like it compared to your F4i?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I contacted OES a in December and asked about sliders for FZ09 they said they would try to get a bike to make the sliders. In Jan they were working on them and Jan 16 I bought them. I have used them on 06 Yamaha Fz1,2010 Kawasaki z1000 and 2012 Fz8. They are great quality and price. View attachment 2472 View attachment 2474 View attachment 2475
Yankeeave - are those the red logo'd sliders on your bike? Thinking I will order the set. Thx.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered the front and rear Engine mount
frame sliders, swingarm spools,
and fork sliders. Got the whole package for $125.00 This is the same package that they race with.
Knobbyaddiction - would the front and rear engine mount frame sliders (and the rest of the package) negate the need for an engine cover, like the ones from R&G or T-Rex?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts