Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all! Just another new guy from Australia. Been lurking for quite a while and finally joined up today since I picked up my new Mt09!

Coming from a Fz1-n this bike seems very familiar yet has its own little quirks. Looking forward to the mods and rides to come.

Cheers!

Managed to get in 216km today.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Aloha and welcome! Nice choice on the color-good looking combo. Look forward to hearing your impressions as you accumulate the miles, and to seeing the pics as the mods go on. Ride safely down there brah...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats fellow aussie...so I was looking at the fz1 but went for the 09. .is there a big difference between the 2?..I went from a gt250r hyosung so the jump to the mt is like being tied to a jato rocket. ..no joke.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly mate I've only done 200km so I don't think I can give a fair comparison. Having said that, initial impressions is that the fz-1 has a lot more pick up, however it is also a fair chunk heavier. Also as a lot of people have already noted the suspension on the 09 has room for improvement. Originally I was hoping for a 1290 superduke, but being a Yamaha fanboy I decided on the 09. I figure it's more fun doing this beast up as opposed to spending all those extra $ on the ktm.

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome to the board and congrats on the bike

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: ruffrider519

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to The Machine, mate!