Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
of course not.... but we would know how low they can go. I don't expect Employee pricing but knowing that I am paying just a shade over what employees pay would then give us more satisfaction in the deal, I guess

·
Registered
63 Posts
Being the first one and I didn't buy it just because I was an employee, I probably paid more than quite a few of you will lol. I saw the bike and was pre-approved unjust said lets do it and signed my name. It's sounds bad butbinwould have to pull out my paperwork to see how much i paid

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Not really the time to be getting way under MSRP, I thought it was fair to get MSRP + zero freight, setup etc. Just tax.

And a discount on an Arai, free delivery if I want it, I'm not very close to the dealer so that counts. I want my first ride to be on local rural roads without much traffic, not in a city.

nickv09, yeah, after you jump, don't look lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
of course not.... but we would know how low they can go. I don't expect Employee pricing but knowing that I am paying just a shade over what employees pay would then give us more satisfaction in the deal, I guess
So, you don't want the salesman to get paid or support your local dealer to keep them in business is what you are basically saying. The bike is so cheap, there isn't a ton of markup to begin with. My salesman
s son was recently killed in a motocross accident. I am insisting on paying him list.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The dealerships are not making a lot on these bikes... Depending on what they charge for setup, but that has been addressed before and in several other threads, one of which Inxsible started.

I maintain that there is not a huge markup on these things. I understand wanting to get a good deal for sure. You don't want to feel like you need a cold shower with your clothes on after dealing with the dealership, but they have to make a dime at the end of the day.

If you think they should sell every bike to you for cost, then buy em up for the next 3 months because that is as long as they will be in business. Why are so many people so stinking cheap?!? If you want the bike, then go in there and pay up. If it isn't cheap enough already, wait a year or two and buy it second hand.

I personally do not want to know what Nickv09 paid for the bike because that is his business, and not mine. There are discounts that go along with working at a dealership. Accept that, and either get a job at a dealership or don't and pay MSRP. I am sure you get a discount or some sort of perk for working where you work. I bet Nickv09 does not have medical and dental, and maybe you do. Think about that. Someone still has to pay for Nickv09 to help you pick out your helmet, and new bike. That is called overhead. Businesses have that. It is the light bill, and the water, and the employees. Someone has to pay for that, and the place has to make money at the end of the day because believe it or not, the owner of the dealership is not there for charity and a service to the community. He is a business man and wants to see a black number at the bottom righthand corner of his monthly ledger.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, you don't want the salesman to get paid or support your local dealer to keep them in business is what you are basically saying. The bike is so cheap, there isn't a ton of markup to begin with. My salesman
s son was recently killed in a motocross accident. I am insisting on paying him list.
I never said anything about not paying the dealer/salesman at all. We also have dealers who are quoting prices upwards of $10 grand for the FZ-09. Those are the dealers that I don't want to pay unnecessary money to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoa ! Dial it down a bit NickJ. All I did was ask him his price --- just like so many others have quoted their OTD price in so many threads. Jeez !

P.S. - I don't remember starting a thread on the price...I remember replying in a thread about the fair price for the FZ-09.... but maybe I did if you say so.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I never said anything about not paying the dealer/salesman at all. We also have dealers who are quoting prices upwards of $10 grand for the FZ-09. Those are the dealers that I don't want to pay unnecessary money to.
And I agree with you. They are being greedy, and I think their sales numbers will reflect that. I wouldn't give them that much money either, but I would negotiate with them if they were into it. If not, and $10 grand is the number, then I would easily tell them to "pound sand."

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...... but I would negotiate with them if they were into it.
And that my friend is exactly why having information about how much others are paying on average helps in calling out the dealer's bluff about "XYZ being expensive" and how "govt mandates" that we charge a setup fee because of environment policies etc. BS

·
Registered
699 Posts
Whoa ! Dial it down a bit NickJ. All I did was ask him his price --- just like so many others have quoted their OTD price in so many threads. Jeez !

P.S. - I don't remember starting a thread on the price...I remember replying in a thread about the fair price for the FZ-09.... but maybe I did if you say so.

All is good brother, there has just been a lot of talk on here about that exact subject and I thought you had started a thread about it, but you are correct, you simply responded to one, so for that I apologize.

It is just beating a dead horse.

·
Registered
699 Posts
And that my friend is exactly why having information about how much others are paying on average helps in calling out the dealer's bluff about "XYZ being expensive" and how "govt mandates" that we charge a setup fee because of environment policies etc. BS
But you are asking to see what a dealership employee is paying... That is a little different.

If your bargaining chip is going to be based on an employee discount program, I doubt you are going to get that good of a deal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just came back from one the dealer in NY, they are asking for $8450 before NY tax. I saw few 2012 & 2013 FZ08 at the shop with a very very good prize. Now I'm confused because I believe I can negotiate the prize for FZ08 better. I aslo called another dealer in NY and they are offering much more lower that the pics below. What do u thing?

FZ09 at dealer.jpg

FZ08 12 at dealer.jpg FZ08 13 at dealer.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Can you say price gouging!......or at least trying to. It's no different than hotels that raise their rates when a big event is coming in town.

Reactions: fz_tropicman

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not really the time to be getting way under MSRP, I thought it was fair to get MSRP + zero freight, setup etc. Just tax.
I've seen this on here a lot, maybe it's just the state that I live in, Massachusetts, but you pay sales tax at the registry when you register the bike. Why do you guys include it like it is negotiable? Maybe it is in your state?

Steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
The biggest area for negotiating appears to be in the freight and set up catagory. A dealer in Oregon said $300 for both, Nickj's dealership told me about $1,300 and a Los Angeles dealer told me yesterday that due to demand they have charged $2,000 and they are getting it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts