Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the Bar End Mirrors that aren't as easy to use as they are good looking. Considering adding a new set of mirrors. What works best and also looks good?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have been eyeing those ebay tomok style mirrors for a while. I am not a fan of how bar end mirrors stick out. If I could mount them reversed (right on left, left on right) and have them work, I'd probably pick up a pair.

·
Registered
616 Posts
There was a pretty cool set that somebody had posted a while ago. They had bought them on ebay, and they mounted in the same spot as the stock mirrors, they were low rise (and adjustable) though.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya call this sticking out...???

I prefer the Clean Look above the Fly screen, but searching for these doesn't feel natural; Maybe over time it will....

image.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ya call this sticking out...???

I prefer the Clean Look above the Fly screen, but searching for these doesn't feel natural; Maybe over time it will....

View attachment 9391
Yea, I do :p They just look weird to me sticking out past the bar end. If I could flip em around so the mirror was within the lines of the bike, I would use them. Just don't think there is; a. Enough clearance for my hand and b. Not sure they'd actually be functional that way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got these ones on eBay . Another member on here had them on his bike. They look awesome and work ok.sorry about the picture angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have had them for about a month. The Quality is very good for the money. The only thing about them is that the bolts that come with them are a bit long and you need to add washes to fill the gap. No big deal tho . I like them a lot

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have been pretty happy with my Bikemaster set-up so far. Similar shape to the stock mirrors but with a forward offset; makes them a bit more functional. As a bonus, this particular set also had LED indicators.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
How do you think using 2 mirrors on each side will look....??? Fire away.......honestly. Ever see it.....???

View attachment 9391
image.jpg

Is having 4 mirrors on one Bike a Cluster f*** ???

The thinking is the Bar End Mirrors would only be focused Directly behind me......:blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I've seen it... stock mirrors plus bar ends for blind spots. To each their own... I prefer to turn my head and look... I suppose if you couldn't turn your head, that would be the setup to go with!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Takes some time to get used to but I prefer bar ends now. I don't use my mirrors much, prefer to rely on head checks.
I prefer the Look, but (sort of) stretching to see them feels unnatural. I find I don't know as much about what's behind and beside me with them. Maybe I need more seat time, or another two Tomok mirrors where I naturally look....:icon_shaking:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Steve, I bought the CRG Arrow bar end mirrors a few months back, and agree they take a little getting used to, but I really like them now-the slightly convex shape of the mirror surface gives a really good view behind and to the sides, but does make everything appear smaller than the stock mirrors. Also, like Beck, I don't rely too heavily on mirrors anyway-head check always works for me. I know Rizoma makes a non bar end mirror that looks killer-probably pricey, though...

image.jpg

CRG Arrow Mirror

·
Registered
957 Posts
I think that with the right mirrors, a quad mirror setup (bar ends AND conventional stalk mounts) can actually look kind of cool. Kind of like weapon pods on a space fighter.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Has anyone used Aprillia's yet? I had some on my Versys and they were perfect. No vibration, and they went out at a good angle, unlike the stock ones which went up a ways first. I might try some on this bike.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the rivco signal mirrors in black, easy to wire in and have led arrows in frt. & red led indicators on the edge of the mirror side
which are visible from behind and remind you your signal is on since they are not self-canceling.
Rick 20140503_073130-1_resized.jpg 20140503_073148-1_resized.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts