Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brilliant....

ECU on it's way from Calgary to Nick at STolec, in PA.

Everything looked good till.... the local sorting facility by Nick's place ( Leigh Valley, PA)
Last known place of it was a sorting facility 90 minutes drive from Nick's place.
It's not shown as delivered, Nick has not seen it.

So, I pick up the phone and call USPs...half an hour on hold and I give up. Called again, and worked through their automated service...it told me the same thing the site told me. Left sorting facility, and it's taken three day to drive 90 minutes...
how is it getting there? by skateboard? or are the local sherpas, and assortment of donkeys on strike?
feck sakes.

Started a claim with Canada post. I'll be getting an answer back from them in 10 days....:mad:

Anyways, I hope it turns up. Nick is leaving, and will not be back till the 10th. Not worried about that, I just hope the usps muppets find my ecu.

It is insured for a good amount. Not that it matters. I factored in 2 weeks of down time. Wishful thinking.

HOLY SHIT MONKEY BALLS SUPER AWESOME UPDATE!!

it actually turned up.
1st: It was at the local sorting facility circa march 31st
then: it mysteriously went MIA for 4 days while it 'left' the sorting facility
after a short while: it came back to the sorting facility
after some more time: it left the sorting facility a second time around, heading for destination....
today: it's out for delivery! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! they work Saturdays!

Glad it re-appeared.

Explanation. Like someone here said. Fell off the conveyor (left sorting facility), Janitor found it placed IT back on conveyor (arrived at sorting facility).
Now it's in Newman's hands being delivered. Love it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Well hopefully you got it insured enough to purchase a Euro ECU that is speed limiter free!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really care about the speed limiter.

I had the bike wound up pretty good in California with no windscreen.
Can't really hold 123-130 mph for too long.

no ECU no ride.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Sux. Probably fell off the conveyor belt and is waiting for someone with a broom to pick it and put it back on.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ahh yes...the joys of the USPS! Sucks man, hope you get it sorted out quickly, although that doesn't seem very likely.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sux. Probably fell off the conveyor belt and is waiting for someone with a broom to pick it and put it back on.
hope the janitor finds it.
but it shows it as 'leaving the sorting facility'
maybe it left in the garbage bin...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
From Alberta Canada to Pa would take nearly 14 days. It doesn't matter what the tracking says where it is. I gurantee it isn't where they say it is. Be patient...USPS always delivers.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
From Alberta Canada to Pa would take nearly 14 days. It doesn't matter what the tracking says where it is. I gurantee it isn't where they say it is. Be patient...USPS always delivers.
USPS has always delivered for me too........until I sent a couple of Postal Money Orders to my daughter, 500 miles away for money for planning her wedding a couple of years ago. It never arrived, so I had to electronically transfer money from my Credit Union to her bank and file a claim with the USPS. If I recall, I had to wait like 90 days before they would pay the claim. I was furious, but could not get any sooner resolution. Finally, after the 90 waiting period and no money turning up from the original M.O.s that were sent, they sent me a check for the full amount. I was thankful that it was paid in full, but still mad that it took over 90 days from start to finish to get my money back. Overall, the USPS has been very good in the many, many years that I've used it, but it still makes me mad to think about it!.....

Rant off...........

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've ordered a lot of stuff from Canada, and it always seems to disappear into a black hole for 2 weeks - and then reappears. Although the USPS says it has cleared the border - I'll bet it's in a customs office somewhere.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I am sorry for your issues, USPS has always delivered things on time for me with no issues. UPS on the other hand ALWAYS delivers it either a day late, first thing on a monday morning, or it disappears and is a week late.

I hope you feel better now after your post, it does help to talk about it. I didn't see any other purpose for your post...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry, expedited parcel said that it will be there on the 31st. tracking says it left the facility 3 days ago. again to drive 90 minutes?
hope I'm wrong, and you are right.

purpose of the post...to rant, get it out. i'll wait, see what happens.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Rant gets a 1/10.... not enough profanity and too short...

sorry, expedited parcel said that it will be there on the 31st. tracking says it left the facility 3 days ago. again to drive 90 minutes?
hope I'm wrong, and you are right.

purpose of the post...to rant, get it out. i'll wait, see what happens.

·
Registered
149 Posts
USPS Statistics Data
US Postal service annual revenue $67 billion
Number of mail pieces processed annually 171 billion
Average number of mail pieces processed each day 563 million
Percent of the world’s card and letter mail handled by USPS 40 %
Annual cost of postal worker salaries $49.4 billion
Total number of USPS employees 574,000
Number of vehicles in the Postal Service fleet 215,625
Number of miles driven every year by the USPS truck drivers 1.25 billion
Annual sales of online stamps through usps.com $223 million
Number of passport applications accepted annually 6.7 million
Tax dollars received for operating the Postal Service $0
Breakdown of Postal Service Revenue
First-class mail $34 billion
Advertising mailers $17.3 billion
Shipping services $8.7 billion
Periodicals $1.9 billion
Package Services $1.5 billion

Even though the USPS is failing and in debt it continues to be a fortune 500 company employing 574K employees who buy milk, bread and FZ-09's.
Restructuring is not an easy task going from the bread and butter letter mail to packages. The letter mail has gone by the wayside as we all know who are on the internet.
The failure rate of delivery is under .001% which is by fay a better service than anything you can think of especially General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler.
Think about the company's that we all work for and try to find a better service standard. Hell if you think about it even NASA had a higher failure rate.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hope it shows up!

Is UPS an option in Canada? They break stuff and misdeliver. But at least they have good tracking.
yes, every single carrier operates across both borders. Here's the kicker. USPS only charges tax (the lovely GST at 5%) and a nominal handling fee.

UPS, FEDEX, and other charge a minimum of $40 handling/brokerage fee for any item. Best part is it goes up and down, depending on the time of day, weather, and migratory flight patters of the Canada goose, and the common loon.

so to be on the safe side, I always request USPS. I have never had issues with them..until now, but they did actually find it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a friend whos been at the post office since high school. He's in charge of a big, movie delivery account....He said the post office makes plenty of money, but it gets looted and diverted in other directions.

And, we'll fight to the death should anyone ever take my local carrier away. The guy knows I'm a motorcycle nut. Hes not, but he always puts my packages inside my garage and keeps them out of the rain.

The worst if a local place called On-Trac. They deliver for Rocky Mountain atv. I'm lucky in that my neighbors are honest and will end up finishing the delivery. My mailbox shows my address and last name and I have 12 inch tall numbers on the house.

Also, if your shipping much, get familiar with ups insurance practices....Meaning, they wont cover much and any damage will always be your fault. The only way they pay is if the package is completely lost, and then you'll fight like out forefathers did at the Alamo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts