Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year of saving and salivating I finally test ride the MT-09 last Saturday and immediately bought one.
I have just picked it up from BikeBiz and now it has all of 3 km on the odo.
Must admit that the fueling of the demo was a bit of a concern, but mine is a 2015 with the new ECU and I couldn't feel any jerkyness. It is true that I have only done 3 km but, hopefully, it won't rain much this weekend and would be able to put many more and see if the reflash is all they say it is.
Got it in the silver/blue color (don't know why it is called Race Blue) and it looks great on the flesh, even better than the pictures I've seen.
While I was finishing the paperwork the dealer sold another two and people specifically asked for that color, as I've said, it looks great :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome from Vic, the new racing blue is the pick at the moment IMO. They have ABS too which would be good;)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome from the Great White North! :) You should post some pics... hint, hint ;)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen! Welcome to the club.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ. Yea, you need to post up some pics on here........we don't get that color in the U.S.A. Bet she's pretty!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice pick mate, I went for the blue after initially seeing the Orange and love those wheels. Now is the hard part of trying not to buy too much aftermarket kit.
Oh be careful of those tyres as well if you have the Dunlops, ok in the dry but not good in the rain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fair enough, here are a couple of pictures from this morning's ride. She now has 433 km (270 mi).
The bike came with Bridgestone S20, any thoughts about them particularly in the rain?
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gday mate..nice ride...I didn't realize 2015s came with blue forks. I've got just over 3000ks on my mt09..and so far don't see too many issues with the bridgestones in the wet..funny thing is I can't stop the rear wheel spinning in the wet for some reason...must be the snatchy throttle..wooot woot. To be honest I ride like an old mole so never push hard in the rain anyways..saves bending my nice yamaha..

·
Registered
139 Posts
The 2015 schemes are pretty sweet, has the aftermarket caught up in Aus yet, fark all dealing in aftermarket bits in NZ and the few that are want an arm, leg and a testicle for it all :(, may have to look across the ditch for some nice bits, (screen, levers, case guards etc which are on my immediate wish list), any solid recommendations?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am buying all my farkles in the US, prices here are crazy!

By the way, first commute today. Such a nice commuter experience and I can confirm zero jerkyness at very slow city speeds. Yamaha has done a great job with the 2015 remaps.
If you haven't asked your dealer yet for the ECU reflash do so ASAP, you wont regret it.
Of course I am only recommending this if you haven't done a Soltec or any other commercial reflash already. I was planning to send my ECU to Nick but now I don't need to, more money for other farkles!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Love those blue forks, one of the reasons I liked the orange was the gold forks......enjoy

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome, and I really like the color scheme. Your turn signals are a lot better looking than the US version too. I had lots of rain time (live in Blue Ridge Mtns) with the Bridgestones. I think they wore well and were consistent, no complaints.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts