Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i got my red fz-09 a week a a half ago and absolutely love it. The only sad thing is that i find the stock brake/clutch levers dont really match with the bike. I saw aftermarket ones by gilles machining on Yamaha's website, awesome and perfect color match (red/black) but they are like 189$ each. One of my colleagues told me i could just have the stock ones anodized and tinted black.

Anybody on this forum know if this is feasible? Or should i just buy the 189$ ones??

Answers welcome, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi everyone, i got my red fz-09 a week a a half ago and absolutely love it. The only sad thing is that i find the stock brake/clutch levers dont really match with the bike. I saw aftermarket ones by gilles machining on Yamaha's website, awesome and perfect color match (red/black) but they are like 189$ each. One of my colleagues told me i could just have the stock ones anodized and tinted black.

Anybody on this forum know if this is feasible? Or should i just buy the 189$ ones??

Answers welcome, thanks in advance.
I've spray painted and clearcoated a few sets of levers and handlebars, never had the paint scuff or get rub marks. It looked factory, and just took a little time, with paint I had in the garage. Easy Peasy.

Now a day's you can get well made Chinese levers on Ebay for $30.00. I just ordered some last night, and have had them on 3 different bikes so far. No problems with fit or finish, work and look like the expensive ones. You can get them in all colors and 2 lengths. Long=factory length, and shorty= that's what I always get, nicer looking, the end wont break off if the bars hit the pavement.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am having mine powder coated black. Should be < $80 for both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts