Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Grump

No, but I did my research and found it to be wanting, it apparently is very sensitive and can cut in unexpectedly. I decided to fit a Translogic QS (and have never looked back)!
It's absolutely superb in every aspect. And to improve on this Translogic make an Autoblipper add-on that allows smooth clutchless downshifts, that can be added at a later date.

I like it so much I did a pictorial install guide (which would work for almost any QS I guess).

Install Guide Here... clicky

Stevo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do NOT buy the Annitori. I’ve had two and they both cut out. So I pulled it off and replaced it with Translogic QS and auto blipper.
As Stevo said, it’s awesoke and flawless.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The reported problems with Annitori seemed to be on the previous versions and manufacture. The latest version, the Annitori QS Pro 2 was released in August 2018 and is all new. I installed one on my 2016 XSR900 and love it. Settings: I raised the kill time to 65ms to make the 1-2 shift smoother. That had no negative affects on any of the upper shifts. I set the sensitivity to 60. Pretty amazing technology for the price of just over $200.00

Here's a couple pictures. video on the next page

IMG_6647.JPG

IMG_6626.JPG

·
Registered
335 Posts
I love my quick shifter! Biggest bang for the buck and most fun mod out there. If the auto blip quick shift wasnt so bloody expensive I would have gone that route for sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The reported problems with Annitori seemed to be on the previous versions and manufacture. The latest version, the Annitori QS Pro 2 was released in August 2018 and is all new. I installed one on my 2016 XSR900 and love it. Settings: I raised the kill time to 65ms to make the 1-2 shift smoother. That had no negative affects on any of the upper shifts. I set the sensitivity to 60. Pretty amazing technology for the price of just over $200.00

Here's a couple pictures. video on the next page

View attachment 151420

View attachment 151422

Looks like you have installed the quickshifter upside down?
Compared to any other quickshifter I've seen your cable points downwards instead of up :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, I am surprised you can use it from 1st gear and all the way up to 6th and at pretty low revs as well.

I gonna have one installed next year when the warranty expires, we get 2 years warranty on XSR in Thailand.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Grump

No, but I did my research and found it to be wanting, it apparently is very sensitive and can cut in unexpectedly. I decided to fit a Translogic QS (and have never looked back)!
It's absolutely superb in every aspect. And to improve on this Translogic make an Autoblipper add-on that allows smooth clutchless downshifts, that can be added at a later date.

I like it so much I did a pictorial install guide (which would work for almost any QS I guess).

Install Guide Here... clicky

Stevo
Steve, any difference between the Translogic and the HM Quickshifters?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Steve, any difference between the Translogic and the HM Quickshifters?
I just uninstalled my HM Quickshifter Plus SS since it's not working like it should do.
All of a sudden it stops working or even worse like cutting the ignition randomly (when i'm not even shifting).
Also it wont let me enter setup mode anymore.

I have contacted the HM support twice regardomg this but I'm being totally ignored :(

Will probably replace it with a HealTech or Translogic quickshifter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks like you have installed the quickshifter upside down?
Compared to any other quickshifter I've seen your cable points downwards instead of up :)
The orientation has no effect on operation. You can turn it to which ever works best for the routing of your cable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HAs anyone installed an Annitori Pro QS on an XSR900 if so where did you put the processor box?
hi folks, I installed the QS Pro and it worked a dream for just over a year, then it started to have intermittent problems, like the engine cutting out on hard deceleration and downshift or the engine not cutting when trying to change gear. The bike is currently being wintered and the guys at Annitori said to just return the whole system to them as they wanted to check it out. so apart from the cost of international shipping I have to say im very happy so far with the after sales service. ill update here when I get it back and refit it.

·
Vendor
49 Posts
This seems like as good a moment to stick my oar in as any. I'm the newest supporting vendor on the site, and my specialty is quickshifters. In the case of the XSR900, a separate controller is needed in addition to the shift sensor and adaptor rod. My price for a bolt-on plug-in controller and sensor is US$250 plus shipping; US$15 to the US, $25 to the UK.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This seems like as good a moment to stick my oar in as any. I'm the newest supporting vendor on the site, and my specialty is quickshifters. In the case of the XSR900, a separate controller is needed in addition to the shift sensor and adaptor rod. My price for a bolt-on plug-in controller and sensor is US$250 plus shipping; US$15 to the US, $25 to the UK.
Interesting! Since it uses the module will it work fine with an aftermarket flash? And what years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
49 Posts
Yes, it'll work with any flash, and - as far as I can tell - any year.

·
Vendor
49 Posts
Update to my last - it will work with 2016-2019 models; I haven't been able to check the parts on the 2020 yet.

·
Vendor
1,128 Posts
Yes the problems were with their original design, the new Pro 2 have proven to be extremely reliable. Most important with any product is if the company stands behind them!! Annitori has customer service second to none. There is a reason I started selling them over the other brands out there!!

I have a coupon code on them right now to make them $220!!

use coupon code annitori

these are a total stand alone unit ( no flash needed) , adjustable for sensitivity and kill time with a smart phone app, also available in different shifter body colors, they work on the 2020 model also

·
Vendor
49 Posts
Where's that 'slap fight' smiley ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hi folks, I installed the QS Pro and it worked a dream for just over a year, then it started to have intermittent problems, like the engine cutting out on hard deceleration and downshift or the engine not cutting when trying to change gear. The bike is currently being wintered and the guys at Annitori said to just return the whole system to them as they wanted to check it out. so apart from the cost of international shipping I have to say im very happy so far with the after sales service. ill update here when I get it back and refit it.
Ok there was a fault on the sensor .. annitori have replaced it .. customer service is excellent.. communication is excellent.. no hassle at all 👍

1 - 20 of 20 Posts