Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went to purcells last weekend to look for tires. they had some purelli angel gt they said front and rear change and balance 400 bucks. good deal?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Your looking at 300-325 for just the tires online, so 75-100 to mount 2 tires sounds about right if your bringing them the bike, if that price is for 2 loose wheels than its high. Great tires by the way

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
$15 per wheel at ProCycle. :cool:

$278 for Angel GTs in the stock sizes from Motorcycle Superstore w/free shipping. $400 mounted sounds like a ripoff to me.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
$15 per wheel at ProCycle. :cool:

$278 for Angel GTs in the stock sizes from Motorcycle Superstore w/free shipping. $400 mounted sounds like a ripoff to me.
So can Jeff at ProCycle bring in street size tires??? I ask because they do list a few street tires on their website, but in SuperMoto sizes.

Tires - ProCycle

p.s. - I just received my order of a few farkles from ProCycle, for my DR650SE, lol, great place to deal with. :icon_thumright:

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Oh ya, they will order whatever you want if they don't have it. Their prices aren't always the most competitive but that's to be expected of a small-ish shop with a storefront. Still, they get a fair amount of my business because they're a great local company and they have a lot of stuff in stock. Very knowledgeable guys.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Their website isn't always up to date either...the set of Avon Distanzias I ordered from them was over $60 less than what their website shows and only ended up being $25 more than Motorcycle-Superstore. It's best to call them for current pricing.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
+100% for ProCycle, I have nothing but good things to say about them, Jeff and his crew. I am also a firm believer in supporting the smaller local shops. The internet can be great for prices, but they don't come close when you are talking one-on-one advise, experience and customer service.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Purcells charges $50 per tire if you bring the bike to them. Or $25 per tire if you bring just the wheels to them. I got a better price at Beach Blvd. Motorsports for my Michelin Pilot Power 3's. Also you need to keep in mind tax if you buy them from motorcycle superstore (in orlando) or locally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts