Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have started riding more I have been trying to find a better way to enjoy music, navigation, etc while on the bike.

I recently got my Sena SMH10R and it works wonderfully for giving me the ability to enjoy music and handle calls while riding. The problem is that I still need to be able to pull over sometimes and restart music, change station, navigation, etc.

I really don't want to mount my phone on the handlebars (in case of rain, risk of loosing it, accident, etc)

I was thinking of picking up an LG G Watch or Samsung Gear Live (these are cheap reasonable priced Android Wear watches) that I may be able to mount to the handlebars, when bluetoothed to my phone, I can see who is calling, change tracks/stations, see more navigation information.

These watches will work with any 22mm band, so has anyone ever mounted a watch to their handlebars?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Sounds like a way to become a distracted rider.... doesn't sound safe...... pull over and dick around with you phone on the side of the road, its safer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I love my SENA. My android has a driving mode which will say what is happening, like "Call From: Blah Blah" or "New Text Message: blah blah blah". I can also make the SENA play and stop playing by hitting the Jog Dial. I can control the phone using my voice, call this person, gps there, Play music. Some times you do have to pull over if the phone is getting buggy at all. The watch might be a pretty cool alternative. I would be interested to see how this works out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love my SENA. My android has a driving mode which will say what is happening, like "Call From: Blah Blah" or "New Text Message: blah blah blah". I can also make the SENA play and stop playing by hitting the Jog Dial. I can control the phone using my voice, call this person, gps there, Play music. Some times you do have to pull over if the phone is getting buggy at all. The watch might be a pretty cool alternative. I would be interested to see how this works out.
Yeah my Sena can do the call option, and I have a Moto X (2014), it use to have and option to use a bluetooth mic to enable to voice commands, but one of the recent updates removed that feature.

I actually have a great idea for a product for motorcyclists of all types, but I don't have the means to create something like it. (if anyone has connections or interest)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts