Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys super happy with my setup. Went with Andreani carts and a Nitron shock. I’m messing around with the preload on the forks. Is it true there are 10 levels of preload? I’m using a 17 and can turn it what seems and infinite amount of times I can feel little “clicks”. I guess only the first 10 adjust preload?

Thanks.

I set my sag and everything just wanted to increase preload on the front to get rid of some speed wobble at high speeds (120-130)

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Mine don't have clicks at all, and the adjuster does not wind in or out of the fork cap, it adjusts the preload internally.
I'm around 90 - 95 kg's with gear on, I have .88nm springs and run zero preload to give 42mm laden sag.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No clicks on mine either. I have Racetech .95 springs and 7 wt oil with preload about 5 turns in. I am about 240 lbs. with gear. Using the bike for day rides and sport tour trips.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I set my sag and everything just wanted to increase preload on the front to get rid of some speed wobble at high speeds (120-130)
Preload is used to set sag and nothing else..if you have the right sag,(front and rear) the preload will not help with your speed wobble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts