Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fast Bike Industries has Andreani / Ohlins kits. ohlins shocks are on back ordered but Andreani fork kits are in stock. Price is very completive to ebay.

I told David I would give him a plug on fz-09 so give him a call!!! A warranty and service out of N.C. sounds like a good deal to me.

:cool:

(update) I got a email saying Ohlins shocks came in today so that means my kit ships on Monday Wooohooo!!!

I'm pretty sure there are some shocks left!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Fast Bike Industries has Andreani / Ohlins kits. ohlins shocks are on back ordered but Andreani fork kits are in stock. Price is very completive to ebay.

I told David I would give him a plug on fz-09 so give him a call!!! A warranty and service out of N.C. sounds like a good deal to me.

:cool:

(update) I got a email saying Ohlins shocks came in today so that means my kit ships on Monday Wooohooo!!!

I'm pretty sure there are some shocks left!
I shot him an email about just wanting just the cartridge. It's a lot more expensive than getting it exported from Italy. I'm not sure you can even justify the mark up for the warranty because at his rate, you can almost get two sets of the cartridges.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot him an email about just wanting just the cartridge. It's a lot more expensive than getting it exported from Italy. I'm not sure you can even justify the mark up for the warranty because at his rate, you can almost get two sets of the cartridges.
I don't know what to tell you. I looked around and his price very completive to what Italy's price was for the fork/shock kit. I was just on there website and figured out conversion (euro to dollars) plus shipping is real close to his price.

He also told me that they were customs fees being charged to the customer. I was also told that price to my door proper spring weight and set to my weight/specs, shipping included.

If you didn't do the currency conversion and shipping Italy's price looks a lot cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
David @ FBI is a very knowledgable guy and top notch mechanic. I had him install the Andreani carts in my Aprilia DorsoDuro when I had it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I contacted Andreani to find out if I could order the kit with 90Kg springs. The email reply I got back said the springs for the MT09 come with a 90nm load. Does that equate to 90Kg or am I going to have to order different springs?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just do the math and find out for yourself. They come with .78 kg/mm springs. The question of whether they will change them for you remains unanswered.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just ordered from Omnia Racing and paid $492.39 USD for the cartridge kit to my door. This includes the absurd foreign transaction fees that Paypal charges. I ordered on March 1 and DHL brought them to my door yesterday. I have not seen them listed for less than that anywhere.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea that's cheaper than what I got them for. Theres 20% discount on them now! Figures missed out again! Did
You get the right spring weight though. I saw someone say
They had to buy another set of springs for there weight?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I already have heavier springs from Sonic so I just plan to swap those over. From what I've seen you can only get the kit with the .78 springs. One of the distributors initially said he could get them customized then backtracked. If someone is selling them with different springs it sounds like they are doing that swap after they get them.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply we'll see in few days if I get the right springs on mine from David @ f.b.I. I'll post back when they come in

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
i'm thinking I already asked this before...but, how many clicks of adjustment with the Andreani cartridges?

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are no clicks with the Andreani cartridges. If I recall when I installed mine you have 2 turns to full open and 2 turns to full closed on the needles. I rode with an allen wrench in my pocket for a while making 1/8 turn adjustements until I was happy with both settings.And another plus to FBI as they were great on the sale and support when I got mine last SEP. Jeff

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got my andreani/ohlins kit from David @ F.B.I. and it came all set up with proper size springs already installed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
David @ FBI is a very knowledgable guy and top notch mechanic. I had him install the Andreani carts in my Aprilia DorsoDuro when I had it.
How did you like them on your Dorsoduro? I am considering installing them on my Dorsoduro too. Actually I am considering installing them on both the Dorsoduro and the Fz-09. Thank you.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well I finally got to go for a long ride today and I figured I would David at @ Fast Bike Ind. another thanks & plug. The andreani carts are spot on, getting about 80/85% fork travel I haven't touched any adjustments yet don't know if I will its feels pretty good now
there's no nose dive stopping and its a lot more smooth on bumpy roads. The Ohlin's shock is real close to I think its little stiff maybe just me but im going to ride it for a while till I get it used to it then start tweaking it. So no more pogo/rocking horse effect its
just smooth so much so that pot holes and bumps I used to visually wince/flinch at now its like wow that wasn't that bad! I put the rear shock on my self and had a Bike mechanic I trust put the fork carts in cause I just wasn't confident enough to do it my self.
He also put on a set of Q3's and inspected it. He tells me three times that's a really nice bike! Being that this guy has road dam near every bike/atv & sled ever made I think that says a lot for the fz-09. Then he delivers it back in a covered trailer cause he doesn't want me riding it on the crappy snow/salted roads of course it starts snowing the day its done. So give David a call If don't want to mess with changing springs or setting up the suspension your self.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad to hear you like them so far. Play with the adjustments, they will only get better. I weigh 175# in gear and am running the standard 0.78 Andriani springs. Have yet to bottom out, even in the rough stuff off-road. The front end is firm, but compliant and gives a good planted feel. While doing an acceleration test a few days ago I had to grab a handful of front brake at 105mph to pull it down to the 45 mph speed limit when a cop showed up. No ticket, but compressed the fork to within an inch of full travel as evidenced by the zip tie. Try that with the stock forks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts