Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer said 2-3 weeks from order date 9/13 so that is 9/27 to 10/4.

Nail them down is hard I know but this is as good as it gets this week.

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
My dealer didn't venture a guess. All the salesguy told me was that when they got confirmation that the bike was loaded on a truck and headed this way, he would call me and let me know. I guess I've given up on trying to figure when it will be here. As I stated somewhere else, it will be on a day that ends in "Y"

·
Registered
81 Posts
I called 2 dealers near me to ask about the bike. One said he would get them in February (WTF !!). I guess he was just blowing me off because I said I needed a test ride before putting my money down. The other said he ordered 9 bikes in grey, red and orange and can get me either one. He said he would get them late September or early October.

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
One said he would get them in February
Total moron in the driver's seat there, unless maybe you are in the Arctic circle somewhere. I'd toss him like a used [email protected]@m and find a dealer that was really interested in selling me one of their product line at a fair price which allows them to make a reasonable profit......but that's just me. I sold motorcycles for a living for 3 1/2 years and I cannot imagine telling a customer that when the bikes are going to be available sometime late this month or next month. Dain Bramage righ there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I spoke with the local dealer here today. He said that he just recently ordered them and that they should be in in about 2 to 3 weeks. On the bright side - he said "Your welcome to come in and take one out for a ride to see if you like it." So, at least I know that they will have a demo to play with. :encouragement:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Oh my gosh! Just give us a date! I am tired of this "a couple of weeks" business! It is starting to rain here, and riding on normal tires is not going to be much fun!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went to the dealer today and he said he would get the graphite ones first by October. He's ordered 9 bikes and has deposits on 3. He would get the demo bike in the first lot and would allow me to test ride. That's when I intend to put the money down for the Orange one. OTD price of $8835 - which includes $249 for freight and $149 for setup

·
Registered
30 Posts
I talked with a Yamaha rep at the Raleigh (NC) Bikefest yesterday. Regrettably he didn't have an 09 on display. But he said that at least in this area h expected that Yamaha would finalize the allocation and shipping date for the first 09s this week. So, finally, he thought we would get some idea of actual delivery dates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got a text that my dealer received 4 Graphite FZ09's but mine (Red) shipped from Seattle with no ETA. Gotta love age of information...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just got a text that my dealer received 4 Graphite FZ09's but mine (Red) shipped from Seattle with no ETA. Gotta love age of information...
Shipped from Seattle? I live outside Seattle, and the 2 dealers I'm working with, have placed orders, but don't know when they will be in yet. I'd like to know how there can be some in at the port of Seattle, and none are coming in to dealers here (that I'm aware of)?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts