·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Looks perfect for Deals Gap! :cool:

Reactions: Desert Rat

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Interesting. I bet it sounds mean as hell.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hmmm... my 2.2L only revs 2,500 rpm @ an indicated 112 Km/h. Guess they figured a transmission just wasn't worth the weight! Would be fun on the dragstrip... prolly need to bring extra rear tires thou!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
It's been several years ago now, but there was a guy riding a Boss Hoss small block V-8 motorcycle up at the Gap. He tried pulling out of the store parking lot and if any of y'all have been there, you know it's a bit uphill and then if you turn right to go north and pull out, it's off camber too. Guess where he dropped it? Yep, it took like 4 or 5 guys to pick the thing up. I just don't understand some people and their need to be..."hey look at me", I've got a grossly overweight bike with hardly any ground clearance and steering like a Sherman tank".......let me try my hand at getting through 318 turn in 11 miles of mountain roads...........hmm..........what could possibly go wrong?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Years ago at an event for charity a guy with a Boss Hoss was challenging all the Harleys for a race of 1/8th mile on dirt. No one would go against him so I said I would run my wife's ZX9R if that was OK. He started telling me he would have to have the inside lane as so not to shower the crowd with dirt. I started to wonder what I was getting myself into but I figured what the hell? When the time came for the race he was nowhere to be found. I did have the second best time on my Bandit 1200 (hard to hook up on dirt with a fat tire and that bagger had rocks in his saddlebags) and second place in the slow race. If you have never been to a motorcycle rodeo it is a lot of fun...although I dumped it in the barrel race.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts