Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Kinda reinforces the fact that of all of Yamaha's CrossPlane engines, the CP4 is the only one that can really wear the name. Maybe the CP2, maybe, but the CP3 moniker does smell of marketing at work.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
But seriously, it was pretty damn interesting...and then my woman brought in a mega chunk of chocolate cake and I forgot everything except for the importance of the power gap. Thanks for posting 88.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Damn, I actually understood it.
Motorcyclists and humans seem to be different.
Humans desire smoothness and an automatic transmission and silence.
Motorcyclists want much more from the experience of moving.
We want to hear it, feel it, and control ever aspect of it.
Take away the vibration and we would stop to find out what the hell is wrong.
The sound and feel of an ICE is like it's alive with a beating heart.
I think that's why electric motorcycles will have a harder time invading the motorcycle customers preferences. Basically they are silent and smooth.
We are a hardy bunch. Neither rain, nor sleet, or dark of night holds much fear for us when we need our motorcycle fix.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I learned something watching that video. I thought “cross plane” was the design that offset the cylinder and crank which allows the connecting ride to straight up and down at TDC when the power is applied to it. Good video.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How terrible Yamaha didn’t think this one through a little more thoroughly before they introduced such an inefficient, unreliable triple 🤣
The Brit’s would really be shamed if Yamaha developed an MT-12.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Damn, I actually understood it.
Motorcyclists and humans seem to be different.
Humans desire smoothness and an automatic transmission and silence.
Motorcyclists want much more from the experience of moving.
We want to hear it, feel it, and control ever aspect of it.
Take away the vibration and we would stop to find out what the hell is wrong.
The sound and feel of an ICE is like it's alive with a beating heart.
I think that's why electric motorcycles will have a harder time invading the motorcycle customers preferences. Basically they are silent and smooth.
We are a hardy bunch. Neither rain, nor sleet, or dark of night holds much fear for us when we need our motorcycle fix.
I am going to blatantly be stealing this as it sums up the experience so well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts