Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my ECU flashed by VCYCLENUT last week. I took it out today for about a 30 mile quick ride just to see how all the changes played out on the bike. All I have to say is WOW! The snatchy throttle is gone and the bike feels like an absolute beast! Rolling at 50 in 4th gear opening the throttle in A mode a good bit resulted in an unexpected wheelie. Shocked the poo out of me!! The rush of power made me feel like I was coming out of the Esses at Road Atlanta and pulling a power wheelie coming into turn 5 on my R1. For $80 plus shipping his flash is a straight up bargain. My bike made 112hp on the dyno with a full Akra Ti exhaust before the flash. Now that the ECU is flashed I will take it back and see what it makes sometime this week. Thanks for everything David!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have the PC5 with the proper map that I've tweaked a little bit. I like the ability to change the map as I see fit without having to send the ECU out to get re flashed every time. But I'm sure he'll have a good map ready for those that need it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just re-installed my flashed ECU today. Could only fire it up to ensure everything was still working :). Still in a foot boot for a few more weeks before I get to take if for a test drive. Killing me to not being able to ride when the weather is just perfect this time of year.

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Had my ECU flashed by VCYCLENUT last week. I took it out today for about a 30 mile quick ride just to see how all the changes played out on the bike. All I have to say is WOW! The snatchy throttle is gone and the bike feels like an absolute beast! Rolling at 50 in 4th gear opening the throttle in A mode a good bit resulted in an unexpected wheelie. Shocked the poo out of me!! The rush of power made me feel like I was coming out of the Esses at Road Atlanta and pulling a power wheelie coming into turn 5 on my R1. For $80 plus shipping his flash is a straight up bargain. My bike made 112hp on the dyno with a full Akra Ti exhaust before the flash. Now that the ECU is flashed I will take it back and see what it makes sometime this week. Thanks for everything David!!!
Really happy you are happy! The A mode is something that has to be felt to appreciated. It really is a perfect compliment to the natural character to this bike. My guess is a 2-3 bump in peak hp. As you fueling was already good and as long as they did not dyno it in 5th or 6th gear there are no restrictions to remove. The flash makes it feel like it picks up tons of power but they are mostly part throttle gains, which is tough to measure.

I keep meaning to ask you , do you own 3 svt's??

Im a bit of a car head also

Awesome.

I believe he is also working on an Akra carbon map, which I am very interested in :)
The akro carbon map has been ready for a couple weeks, sorry for not making that clear

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I keep meaning to ask you , do you own 3 svt's??

Im a bit of a car head also.
Right now I'm back down to 3 SVT's. I sold my '04 Mystichrome hardtop about 6 months ago. Prob shouldn't have, but was at the end of the road with it. Now just have the '93 Cobra, Lightning which I got about a month ago, and GT500 as far as SVT's go.

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Right now I'm back down to 3 SVT's. I sold my '04 Mystichrome hardtop about 6 months ago. Prob shouldn't have, but was at the end of the road with it. Now just have the '93 Cobra, Lightning which I got about a month ago, and GT500 as far as SVT's go.
sweet!!! I have a mildly modded 2011 ctsv coupe

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well got to ride to work today. I can't believe Yamaha sold this bike like it was before I had Vcyclenut flash. It has transformed this bike. You just roll the throttle on smooth power in standard mode no more twitchy throttle. A mode WOW WOW WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THE DIFFERANCE.I loved this bike before now I feel more confident and enjoy the power more. I have a Two Brothers Exhaust and EJK now it runs perfect. This is the best bang for your money 80.00 and it's like getting a new bike. Time to sort the suspension.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
vcyclenut
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing