Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have yet to check one of these bad boys out at my local dealership, but I think there awesome and want this bike to be my next purchase. My only concern is that I'm not big enough in stature to handle one and it be enjoyable.. I am 5ft 6inch tall and weigh 148/150lbs (a couple lbs heavier in the winter months) and I hit the gym 4 to 5 days a week. I can bulk if need be to add on extra weight and strength but there is not too much I can do on the height factor :p I just want to be able to learn this bike and ride it to it's fullest potential once my skills progress.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
The seat height on this bike is approx 32 inches. My wife, who is 60 years old and 5' 2" rides a CBR 600RR which has a seat height of 32". So, I would say that you will be just fine, from a fit point of view.

Reactions: 2W's to the road

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Haha thanks buddy, I'll be hitting up the dealership shortly to get up close and personal with the fz9 soon!
Are you in Cookeville....TENNESSEE? If so, I'm just over in Maryville, TN.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
physically, i think you should be okay. even though the seat height is probably greater than your inseam, the seat is very narrow at the front, the bike isn't all that heavy and seems to have a lowish center of gravity so it should be manageable even if you can't put both feet down flat.

but if this is your first bike and you've never ridden before, chances are pretty good you'll drop it at some point even if you're strong for your size. i've seen big strong guys drop their bikes due to inexperience, often as a result of coming to a stop with the bike at the wrong angle and not being able to react quickly enough. or putting their feet down on some sand or a puddle of oil or diesel. this sometimes even happens to those of us with a good amount of riding experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts