Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and just picked up my Rapid Red FZ-09 2 weeks ago! I currently live in Colorado and it seems as if the bike has a bog to it when accelerating i haven't ridden it at a lower elevation so i dont know how much of a difference it is, just wondering if some of you guys are have the same problem?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
PCV + Autotune should fix that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I am in the military and im moving in a few months so ill probably wait it out, just sucks not having the bike at its full potential.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I rode in the Smoky Mountains last week. My bike honestly run better there than in Florida at almost see level. Migjt have something to do with being mid to high 90s here too?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am new here and just picked up my Rapid Red FZ-09 2 weeks ago! I currently live in Colorado and it seems as if the bike has a bog to it when accelerating i haven't ridden it at a lower elevation so i dont know how much of a difference it is, just wondering if some of you guys are have the same problem?
Hi Rothe48, A bunch of us are here in Colorado too. We all talk about the slight power loss because of the higher altitudes - and yes, you will feel less power at mile high but the bike still gets up and goes like a banshee. Common claims are approximately 3% per 1000' rise in elevation or about 15% in Denver compared to sea level. I haven't noticed much bogging but I haven't taken it to the Top of Mt Evans yet either. Since the bike is fuel injected, I can't imagine having the same problems like a Carb bike (even then you can get the right pins and needles for the altitude you are riding). I can only imagine this bike at sea level (it must be insane).

Did you get it in Colorado??? Which Dealer??? and Welcome Aboard...

We have a good time jabbing each other about the color-to-performance ratio with our bikes here. Someone from the outside might think we are acting like a bunch of Tusken Raiders... well - we do... LOL

·
Registered
511 Posts
I live North of Denver and have no such issues but I believe you are at 7000 ft and I am at 5000 ft. On previous bikes traveling your way I would have trouble with Monument Pass making them sputter. Of course those puppies were carbureted (look it up if you're too young). I don't think fuel injected bikes have those issues they can compensate for altitude. I know the air is thin up there but I can't help wonder if it's something else. Maybe the CPU does need a reflash.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I agree will Uberwrench, Fuel Injected Bikes might have some power loss going into higher altitudes but it shouldn't bog out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh the bike still screams an is extremely fast I become more impressed with it each and every time i ride it. Im heading down south next week so im stoked to see how it does at sea level, I got the bike in Denver at Vickery powersports I originally wanted the liquid graphite but when i saw the red i had to have it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts