Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought this a few years ago ($400), wore it a few times, but then lost a bunch of weight and don't really fit into it anymore. It's practically still new, needs to be broken in, etc. It also has a removable liner (ooooh, ahhh) I'd love for it to go to a good FZ-09'er.

For size reference, I was wearing 2XL shirts when this fit relatively snugly. I wish I had better info than that but maybe Astars has a size chart?

My wife claims that the grey is actually a little darker and the lighting in my pics sucks. Haha. Let me know if you have any questions/interest, I can send better pics, too.

No list price, make me an offer I can't refuse :cool:

Clothing Jacket Leather Leather jacket Outerwear Bag Jacket Backpack Leather Outerwear

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Revzilla has a good size chart for astars. Is there a number size on the jacket? You may want to include that

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call, let me check...

No euro size, just '3XL'.

Emblem Personal protective equipment Suzuki Vehicle Logo

Euro USA Alpha Chest (in) Waist (in) Hip (in) Arm (in) Height (in)

58 48 2XL 44.9-46.5 39.4-40.9 45.3-46.9 26.4-26.8 75.6-76.8
60 50 3XL 46.5-48 40.9-42.5 46.9-48.4 26.4-26.8 75.6-76.8
62 52 3XL-4XL 48-49.6 42.5-44.1 48.4-50 27.2-27.6 77.2-78.3

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
For those that don't know...Alpinestars makes a fantastic jacket...my last AS jacket was like an old friend...somebody better snatch this up!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How abaut a $100 plus shipping
Man, I don't know how I missed this post. I probably would have taken your offer too. However I just shipped it out to motorcyclegear.com to see if they could sell it, since I perceived a lack of interest here. Sorry about that!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Man, I don't know how I missed this post. I probably would have taken your offer too. However I just shipped it out to motorcyclegear.com to see if they could sell it, since I perceived a lack of interest here. Sorry about that!
Can you get it back?? I still want to buy it!

·
Registered
957 Posts
This jacket was a part of Alpinestars' now defunct "Black Label" line, which included the Spinner, Ice, Magnum, ATL, and others. The trademark features of this line were a more relaxed cut that was more accommodating to the demands of American riders. They used alpha sizing rather than Euro, and typically fit one size larger than marked (assuming you want more of a sporting, form fitting fit). Although the jackets were of high quality and worth the money, the line ended up getting closed out because people who actually bought jackets of this style just weren't willing to pay the premium for Astars pricing, nor did they care about the protective features brands like Astars normally put into their jackets.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This jacket was a part of Alpinestars' now defunct "Black Label" line, which included the Spinner, Ice, Magnum, ATL, and others. The trademark features of this line were a more relaxed cut that was more accommodating to the demands of American riders. They used alpha sizing rather than Euro, and typically fit one size larger than marked (assuming you want more of a sporting, form fitting fit). Although the jackets were of high quality and worth the money, the line ended up getting closed out because people who actually bought jackets of this style just weren't willing to pay the premium for Astars pricing, nor did they care about the protective features brands like Astars normally put into their jackets.
Nice insight/backstory. My story with it is : bought jacket, lost 130lbs, want to sell jacket.

It's a great jacket, wish I could use it, but it definitely no longer fits..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts