Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many reasons you should ride with motorcycle earplugs. The main reasons being wind noise from a motorcycle helmet, a loud ass exhaust, and perhaps a reason for wanting selective hearing... which can all be expensive problems to have unless you have some quality and affordable earplugs such as well, Alpine Earplugs. Alpine Motosafe earplugs dampen the harmful sounds at a drastic rate. The volume is lowered to a safe level without a fully closed off feeling thanks to the special filters inside the plugs. You can still hear the traffic around you and remain focused on your motorcycle.

Check out the Alpine Hearing Protection here!

Which earplugs are right for me?
There are 3 different choices when it comes to motorcycle earplugs from Alpine Hearing Protection. Tour, Race, and Pro.
Tour - One set for tours and long distance travels on the highway (SNR 17) Medium attenuation
Race - One set for the race track or with an open helmet (SNR 20) Heavy attenuation
Pro - Two sets being one Tour and one Race (SNR17 / SNR20) Medium and Heavy attenuation

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the silicone looking ones and they have this plastic part that sticks out of the ear, makes putting a helmet on impossible. I dont know how you can put any on with a helmet besides the foams.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
602 Posts
If you are truly trying to protect your ear drums wear a well fitted helmet with plugs. More ear "damage" is caused by vibrations such as bass coming from behind your ear ( pressure point) than through sounds coming in our ears. Don't ask me why I know this...I probably won't hear you asking...

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
602 Posts
There are so many reasons you should ride with motorcycle earplugs. The main reasons being wind noise from a motorcycle helmet, a loud ass exhaust, and perhaps a reason for wanting selective hearing... which can all be expensive problems to have unless you have some quality and affordable earplugs such as well, Alpine Earplugs. Alpine Motosafe earplugs dampen the harmful sounds at a drastic rate. The volume is lowered to a safe level without a fully closed off feeling thanks to the special filters inside the plugs. You can still hear the traffic around you and remain focused on your motorcycle.

Check out the Alpine Hearing Protection here!

Which earplugs are right for me?
There are 3 different choices when it comes to motorcycle earplugs from Alpine Hearing Protection. Tour, Race, and Pro.
Tour - One set for tours and long distance travels on the highway (SNR 17) Medium attenuation
Race - One set for the race track or with an open helmet (SNR 20) Heavy attenuation
Pro - Two sets being one Tour and one Race (SNR17 / SNR20) Medium and Heavy attenuation
How are these better than the military ones that don't work? Honest question

·
Registered
439 Posts
A friend of mine from back in my music days has a pair of the musician version of these. I tried one of the sets he had and it was awesome, it's like turning the volume down on the world.

I've played some decent sized venues and never wore ear protection, and somehow I have above average hearing still, but I will say Alpine makes a good product.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I use the standard, inexpensive foam plugs that provide 33 db sound reduction. As opposed to higher priced plugs, like the Alpines, that provide over 10 db less reduction. I’ve tried many different brands for much higher prices and keep going back to foam. Cheap, easy, comfortable and they work. In spite of their level of blocking sound, I can still talk to others without removing them from my ears.

·
Registered
16 fz09
275 Posts
I use plugfones. They are the silicone ones but they are also headphones so I can listen to music (trackday or in the hills, not in the city). They work great as I can set the volume really low because of the silicone earplug part that kills around 30 db of outside noise. I use the regular silicone ones when I'm around traffic.

Side note... I no longer listen to heavy metal while riding. I get to aggressive and can't afford to wreck anymore bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts