Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current factory Halogen bulb is too weak for my taste. I have HID lights in my RV (GL1800) and they are very bright (I use the 5000) and white, which I like, however, I keep reading about LED lights now. Are they really better?

I would appreciate any input from those of you who have one or the other and what are your thoughts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Baja Designs website is a good resource of information on the theory behind the LED and why it is superior to the Halogen. After reading about their R&D in the LED lighting for offroad I bought one of their lights.

LED Lights & LED Light Bar Lighting Patterns & Lighting Zones - Baja Designs

After seeing another board member here named, Hawkerjet install this light on his bike I did the same.

S2 Pro LED Lights

If you just want to do the LED bulb in your headlamp then cree lights makes one that is a plug and play.

There are many threads on this board that address the Cree LED bulb replacement. Even a few group buys.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I have the HID projector on the 09 and live it but it was quite an investment! I got a LED headlight replacement bulb from Tripage for the FZ6R, bang for the $ this is an excellent choice. I can't personally tell a difference between the HID & LED other than cost

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a picture of how you mounted the S2 Pros?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
for the price, the tripage LED is super easy to install and increases the intensity and range of the headlight considerably. you really can't go wrong with a mod south of $50 and tripage has super fast shipping and great customer service.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've had this H4 plug & play headlight from ADVmonster since late last year. $32, but for more bucks there are 2 more models.

It annoys people I ride behind even in the daytime, so I guess it's bright enough.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you just stick the light to the bottom of the headlight assembly with the 3M double sided trim tape?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts