Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably gonna take a 2-3 week trip throughout the SW, depending on the weather...

Here's some pics of the bike "loaded" with gear. The luggage is not packed yet but shown where it will likely get placed. More straps/bungees will be added...

what do you think? Is this gonna work?

FZ Prep (1)_Medium.jpg FZ Prep (2)_Medium.jpg FZ Prep (3)_Medium.jpg FZ Prep (5)_Medium.jpg

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
For $80, I got a tail bag from Cyclegear that holds 40 liters. It expands and doesn't have to stay that size, but it will hold a ton of stuff and is super easy to attach to the bike. I haven't even taken the seat off to attach it. I can take it off and put it back on in a minute or two. At first, I was hesitant because I don't like buying their Bilt or Sedici or what have you stuff, but this is a Sedici bag and it's fine.

SEDICI - Veneto Tail Bag - Tail Bags - Luggage - Accessories - Cycle Gear

Reactions: Obijack

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought the same bag, and it seems well made. Caution on these is that if not held on firmly they can slide off the back and lodge between the fender and rear wheel if you accelerate hard. That happened to me once many mooons ago (different tail pack held on with bungees), and before I realized what happened, the rear tire on my Hawk GT had ground a perfect crescent about 4" wide and 1-1/2" deep into my work laptop. That was a fun one to explain....

I'm going to use this bag only with my old XS650, and secure it on the luggage rack and to the back rest (sissy bar) that I use when my wife goes with me. I would not use it expanded on the FZ without some very secure strap to prevent it from sliding off the rear. Doubt if I could get my leg over it anyway when expanded!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts