Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I have .. Much less mechanical noise, with nice/smooth ride. Suspension nicely sorted for a big bike. H-D has the best EFI fueling in the business. In my area, H-D dealers take wonderful care of their customers. No Victory t-shirts as i never owned one. Selling them doesn't/didn't count :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I bought a new FXRS in 1989 that I still own.
It cost more than I paid for my new 2014 FZ09 25 years later. When I first came to this forum I couldn't understand the hate for the FZ suspension. The 09 rode like a dream compared to the HD. 30 more horsepower and 150 lbs lighter. The HD gathers more dust than flies these days. That may change though because my brother just bought a 1983 FXR.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Once you've ridden a bike with a properly set up suspension it's hard to ride a bike without it. It's one of those things that you don't really know until you know and then nothing less is good enough.

·
Registered
214 Posts
How many here have ridden the new Milwaukee 8 (new engine and chassis/suspension) bikes?
I have and I own one. (2018 Fat Bob 114) Pretty good bike compared to their others I'm told.

After 2.5k issues are thus:

Fuel cap replaced as the vibrations were so noisy I couldn't ride it.

Battery drain overnight, apparently fixed with a software patch.

Condensation in the clock. Live with it.

Regulator paint (see pic) told it's my own fault as it's a cosmetic issue.

fatbobreg.JPG

My experience with the dealership has been less pretty awful. It wasn't great buying the thing and the after sales care has been a joke. Your experience may vary. I would not buy another Harley, I have considered trading mine in but I have lost over £4k in under a year so I will probably stick with it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
In fact, after my dealings with the Motor Co over the last few weeks I will never willingly give them another penny of mine. Actually, I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss.

One very satisfied customer here...

Yamaha, on the other hand, have been nothing but brilliant the last 3 years.

Reactions: roadrash83
61 - 65 of 65 Posts