Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Firstgear Laguna tailbag cause I needed it asap, and I am always concerned about the fact that it uses bungies that wrap around the tail area, and I rode with it a few times and I am always checking my mirror or reaching back to make sure it is there.

I have done alot of research and seen how well the Kriega packs mount and I know that it will be secure and I won't have to worry about arriving without my things. So I am trying to think about the items and how big of a pack I need to buy.

I am look at a few options:

US30
UScombo 30 (20+10)
US30+US5

I know the bags will flatten if they are not completely filled and it really comes down to how much I can fit in the bag. Example of what I was able to pack in my Firstgear bag when I went expecting to be gone for two nights.

1x blue jeans
1x work/dress shoes
3x underwear/socks
2x dress shirts (long sleeve)
1x swimsuit
2x t-shirts
1x frog-togs upper
1x 7in Tablet
1x USB charger
1x HDMI Adapter cable

I would like to find something that would allow me to pack for 3-4 days and maybe even carry a 13-14" laptop if needed. What would be recommended based on what everyone has been able to fit in their bags.

Also with the bags mounted would I be able to wear a backpack or would that not be recommended.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nothing beats Ventura luggage system, I have used it on 6 different bikes over the past 20 years. Each bike has required unique brackets but the bags have been flawless....fading over the past 20 years but still hallin the gear! I included a pic from last weeks trip touring the mountains of Tennessee...one weeks worth of stuff...including a laptop
motorcycle luggage - touring - panniers - tank bags - Ventura MCA | Ventura MCA

IMG_7479.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing beats Ventura luggage system, I have used it on 6 different bikes over the past 20 years. Each bike has required unique brackets but the bags have been flawless....fading over the past 20 years but still hallin the gear! I included a pic from last weeks trip touring the mountains of Tennessee...one weeks worth of stuff...including a laptop
I do appreciate the recommendation, I like the Kriega system because I don't have to mount a set of bars/rack to my bike. I can hide some straps under my seat connected to the frame.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I regularly use an R25 and a US5. The US5 is a nice little bag to carry electronics or anything else you don't want to get wet. Or even just lunch for the day. The backpack is simply great for carrying anything else and it feels like it isn't there. While they will fit together I generally use one or the other. I use the US5 strictly as a tailbag when needed and it mounts pretty easily to the 09

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
On any given day commuting to work with my us20 I can fit

13" ultra book (I used to have a bulky 15" and that fit just fine too)
Pair of sneakers or dress shoes
Tshirt & casual button down
Wallet
2 cellphones
Visor cleaner and wipe

Without a laptop you could fit a pair or 2 of jeans a few tshirts and socks no problem.

Us30 is even bigger - I would go that route as the us5 isn't that wide and the us30 if it's like the U.S. 20 can compress to a fairly small size if you're taking a lighter load

They are also water tight and come with a strap for easy carrying off the bike.

Love my kreiga!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use the us30. You can place it long ways on the rear seat area and it just bumps your butt. Or you can place it sideways and overhangs a bit. I wish it was just a tad smaller but happy with it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, any recommendations if I should just go for the US20+US10 and have fleixbility for short and long rides?

Anyone else able to give ideas of what can be put inside the US10/20/30 so I get an idea about size

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Where do you guys buy these bags??? Revzilla....???

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Yup got mine on revzilla along with 90% of any gear I buy.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
it's really easy to add more kreiga bags to the mix - personally i'd go with US20 and if you need more room - add in the US10 (or maybe another US 20 if) if you need it. For everyday carrying of small stuff - the US20 is not bad - i would imagine the US30 being a bit big unless you're going on a multi-day trip.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Strong pull towards the US20+10 Combo system.

Anyone able to comment on what they are able to fit in a US20/10

1 - 12 of 12 Posts