Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rode all day, 205 miles, on my new Seth Laam seat.

High speed, low speed, smooth, bumpy, and really bumpy.

Butt Bee very happy. The seat was really nice. All day comfort.

The best $299 that I have spent on the bike so far.

Just like the one he did on my Ninja there is a break in period. For about the first 500 miles the seat keeps getting more and more comfortable.

IMG_3321.jpg IMG_3322.jpg PICT0608.jpg

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow I can't say that about my seat concepts seat or the Yamaha comfort seat that I sold. The seat concepts is a huge improvement however. Does that seat have any gel in there or just padding?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks good, too. From the pics, it also seems a passenger will be happy much longer. Just slapped my Seat Concepts on the bike...will test tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did an hour ride Saturday and my can was sore. Riding pants on the way. I hope not to use my mtn bike shorts for more comfort. Also want to upgrade the grips as my hand was half numb after the ride. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow I can't say that about my seat concepts seat or the Yamaha comfort seat that I sold. The seat concepts is a huge improvement however. Does that seat have any gel in there or just padding?
When Seth did my Ninja seat last year I asked him about gel. He does not use any gel. I don't remember his exact answer but I think it had something to do with distribution of weight and hot spots. Not to mention that gel really retains heat. Parking in the sun with a gel seat = a hot bottom!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did an hour ride Saturday and my can was sore. Riding pants on the way. I hope not to use my mtn bike shorts for more comfort. Also want to upgrade the grips as my hand was half numb after the ride. Any suggestions?
The Laam seat is not a cushy seat. It is pretty firm but in a good way. The area you sit on is dished out and has firmer foam on the sides so your weight is not all on your tail bone area. It distributes a lot of your weight unto your hip bones.

I too have trouble with numb hands. I saw a post a while back that described some basic physical therapy to help. It has to do with the tendons in your fore arms. They need to be stretched. Its kind of like a carpal tunnel syndrome.

Stand a few feet back from a door or wall. Extend your arms and place your hands flat on the wall. Then walk your hands down the wall stopping at each step for a few seconds. You will feel the stretching in your hands and arms. Do this every day and you should be amazed at the difference it makes. My hands were fine all day long yesterday. If I forget to do this for a few days and then go for a ride the numb hands will come back.

Give it a try. All it will cost you is a couple of minutes a day.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yep! Nice... a must.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Hawkerjet,
Very nice looking seat. I've sent Seth a couple of emails asking questions and he has never replied. Too busy building seats I guess. Do you know if your seat material is water resistant? Which vinyl did you go with?

quicksilver

·
Registered
262 Posts
what is the exact model?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts