Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exhaust
After ordering my new akro ti, I had my mind worried about this db killer removel because of how stuck in there it is and how the bolt is now tack welded.
Well exhaust came in and I stuck the 4mm Allen key in the bolt in and went to turn the bolt out! I could tell if I tried twisting the Allen key by hand something would strip. I placed the Allen key in a good spot while holding it in tight I gave the Allen key a fast tap with a hammer and it broke the tack with ease!
Ok now to slide out the db killer. Looking down the pipe it's very very clear where to place my broom stick.
Placing broom stick in place and taping the other end. The killer was sliding out It moved out about an inch.
Then i and cut two small pieces of rubber from a mud flap and locked onto one of the 3 pipes with a pair of vise grips using the rubber to protect it.
Then i used another vise grip and clamped down on the handle of the vise grip that was clamped to the pipe allowing me to bang it out with a hammer. The db killer came with with ease.
I couldn't Understand why there's so much talk on why it's stuck in there so bad ?? Took me maybe 5 mins with no fluids to remove the killer.

Vcycle flash
This guy is awesome. I had many question. And after emailing him he would answer back within 30 mins. Very helpful, so I got the flash
Quick
Smooth
Reduced
Was so excited to try it. Sat on bike started up and went to pull out of the driveway. Very first thing I notice. I was going very slow and let off the throttle. And wow. Where's the jerking motion forward? It felt like when i let off the throttle that I had pulled the clutch in. But yes there still engine braking. It just seems to come on very smooth!!!
If you enjoy wheelies. Well this bike needs no help. But this flash made it even easier to wheelie!! And smooth wheelies
Did I also say That (A) quick mode is retardedly fun ? You would think ramping up the throttle response would make it hard to control and more jerky. Nope not the case Amazing. Thinking about the flash ? Do it !!
Vcycle has done his research!! Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
You mean to tell me YOURS was also tak welded.....Guess akra wasnt trying to just be pricks to me after all....LOL....Glad yours came out ok....I have read some were tight and some loose....mine was tight, very tight, I actually took a die grinder to it for a easy in/out fit...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also did the akro baffle cut mod

I can run it with no baffle
I can run it with mod baffle
Or I can put all the pieces in and still run it like a stock baffle
All able to change while exhaust is on the bike and seconds to do so

1 - 5 of 5 Posts