Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Akrapovic has just received over 50 of these systems just so you guys waiting on it know. If you have a pre order there is a very high chance will you will receiving it this week or next. This is the same for Parts Unlimited Orders as Akrapovic HQ California. Figured id post an update

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is it considerably louder than stock with the DB killer installed?

I want one solely for the looks. The extra power is just a bonus.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah, I don't think he rides it, probably just sits around polishing it with spludge.
Haha!

To answer baconrocket's question (is it...louder?), I didn't really care about it being louder just wanted an exhaust that would allow the character of the triple motor shine through (the stock made it sound restricted and wheezy).

Akrapovic's numbers claim the same decibel rating as stock. But it sounds louder to me (even with the insert).

Mainly, though, it just sounds so much better. The tone is deep and full--like my previous Akrapovic.

And I swear the engine runs better, too. The bike seems smoother and more powerful.

You can also hear all the workings of the engine better, which is cool. It's a refined motor.

I pulled onto the street today following a Harley. And the difference in engine sounds was dramatic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
these don't require any fuel adjustments correct?? mine should be here today!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
these don't require any fuel adjustments correct?? mine should be here today!!
I have no fuel controller (just the Stoltec ECU reflash), and the bike runs fine--much better than stock.

But I do plan on experimenting with an EJK controller unit, since there may now be a lean condition on acceleration that could be improved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts