Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New akrapovic carbon will be here tomorrow and have read it needs ecu reflash and read it didn't. gonna be getting a power Commander V with auto tune in a few weeks and wondering if it's worth having the reflash and also does it make a difference since akrapovic says it doesn't require a reflash?

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Lots of info already posted on this topic....do a quick search and you'll find more to read than you probably want to. Moving to the performance section too

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I have the Carbon Akra... It NEEDS a remap. I got the Vcycle flash, with map, for $80... No PCV or block offs

It needs a remap, because the bike runs poor without it, I promise you.

In my own opinion... The flash is all you really need. It is hard to justify the cost of the PCV, auto tune... for the limited gain that you will see, over the flash mapping. But, it's your money.

·
Vendor
1,554 Posts
if you want every last bit out of it get a custom fuel map, otherwise my flash with the akro carbon fuel map is going to get you very close.

If you were not 100% happy with the fueling post flash you could always still add the pcv and autotuner to tweak it post flash. Im betting you would be happy

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have akra carbon, got flash by Vcyclenut, I got a custom fuel map for the exhaust, got speed limiter removed, deceleration cutoff from injectors taken off. I used a pcv initially and could not get rid off 100% of the popping with it, I definitely made the bike better with the pcv, but with Vcyclenut Reflash it is 10x better, I could not imagine the bike running any better, I haven't even seen the dyno but I can tell its a beautiful thing. Anyway, if you wanna buy a pcv (waste of money compared to Reflash) I will be posting the one I took out upon getting my ECU back from Vcyclenut.

Kaiser

·
Registered
520 Posts
Anyone know off hand what headers and midpipe are as far as metallurgy?... 304, 308, 316 stainless?.. Inconel?.. I wanna take it in work and weld headers to midpipe before I get it ceramic coated and would like to know what I'm dealing with before striking an arc.

Kaiser

1 - 11 of 11 Posts