Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my FZ09 with 200 miles on it to Guhl Motors to re-flash the ECU and dyno the bike with stock exhaust and the Akra. I can say I am very happy with both the Akrapovic exhaust and the ECU flash. The exhaust sounds great, performs well, and the ease of installation was nice as well. Everything working together is a great package. The major differences I noticed right off the bat was at 4000 to 6000 the bike pulls much,much harder, and as well as all the way through the rpm range. The jerky throttle at low rpms is much better. The reduced engine braking is very nice too. So early on result is that both the exhaust and the ECU flash are well worth the money. I'm not a computer/ technology guy by any means, but here's what they do with the ECU. The speed limiter is removed, rev limiter is increased if you want it to be, (mine was bumped by 500 rpms) any form of restriction in the ECU is removed or modified ( modify the throttle by wire, ignition timing, fueling, engine braking, decel fuel cut) they can also eliminate the air intake switching valve so you don't need to use block off plates, and put a fuel tune directly into the ECU so you don't have to use a power commander or bazzaz unit. Which the last option is what really made me decide on the re-flash. With changing the exhaust, you now need to make fuel changes, I looked into getting a power commander and I found them new for around $350 and all I was able to do with it was make fuel changes, the ECU flash is $275 and the fueling is done through the ECU along with all of the other changes above, so to me that was a no brainer. I hope that this helps anyone that was thinking about the Akra or the Guhl ECU flash.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll find out next Fri as I have an appointment for 9AM then am heading up to the Southern Tier of NY-should be a good test drive up the back roads. Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts