Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a an email this morning from motostarz stating that the exhaust I paid for 6 weeks ago will not be available until mid March. Just though you guys should know, its gonna be awhile.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I received a an email this morning from motostarz stating that the exhaust I paid for 6 weeks ago will not be available until mid March. Just though you guys should know, its gonna be awhile.
Through them, or from anybody ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the email I got.

Hello Scott,We're sorry to let you know that, we received a notice from Akrapovic distributor, the exhaust system that you order will be delay until mid-march.We apologize for delay.*Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions,Best regards,Jack Nguyen

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
That's still not as bad as the service manual that I ordered from Yamaha on October 15th and still isn't here. Oh, they charged my credit card too at the time of the order.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea they charged my card for this too... what I don't want to have happen is I wait until mid March and it gets pushed back again.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Glad it wasn't on my wish list. Kind of sad for the few of you who did place orders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
This Akro is starting to sound like a 'pipe' dream...

Good thing there are plenty of other options out there when your patience runs out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea..... I'm thinking about canceling it for now. I can pretty much address everything else on the bike for that kind of money. I'll see what other exhausts pop up later and what results people are getting with them.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
yea..... I'm thinking about canceling it for now. I can pretty much address everything else on the bike for that kind of money. I'll see what other exhausts pop up later and what results people are getting with them.
For just a little bit more money you can get the lighter Graves. If you look hard enough online, you can find some specials on it for about $1100. Best of all, you can get it right away.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Fuel management should be considered with any exhaust upgrade.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that i know, but there aren't really that many options yet. ideally id like to have the stock ecu flashed/dyno tuned when i get an exhaust for it, but at least with the akra you could get by (allegedly) with stock fueling.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's still not as bad as the service manual that I ordered from Yamaha on October 15th and still isn't here. Oh, they charged my credit card too at the time of the order.
Speaking of that.... I called Crestec at the end of last week. The lady that answered the phone said that Yamaha claimed to be "getting close" on the service manual. She hoped that it wouldn't be any more than another 4 weeks. *fingers crossed!*

·
Registered
70 Posts
everyone that ordered an akrapovic just got bumped up. i cancelled my order this morning. i placed the order on 11/18/13. almost 10 weeks was all i could take. it was really only worth it to me if it were already on the bike. oh well. the graves is sounding pretty sweet right about now.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
bmahan.........Thanks for that update....it just saved me a follow up phone call.......again!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
everyone that ordered an akrapovic just got bumped up. i cancelled my order this morning. i placed the order on 11/18/13. almost 10 weeks was all i could take. it was really only worth it to me if it were already on the bike. oh well. the graves is sounding pretty sweet right about now.
Graves does sound sweet, but it feels sweet too :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
My brother was in NYC for the Superbowl festivities and saw one in person on display. He said it looked much better in person and was no where as bulky as it looked in photos. He has a Ducati Panigale with a full Akro system so I can take his word on how it looked. I tried calling Akrapovic USA and they did say March to me also. I think I am going to get on the list. She said the majors will have the preorders filled first. I need a new helmet and gloves so I am calling either Revzilla or Sportbike Track Gear in the morning and put a deposit in.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts